Chapter 11: Let It Go

Chapter 11: Let it Go

After all the recent events, Thomas was able to put everything behind him. In celebration of putting those things to rest Stripe had offered to have a boys barbecue over at his house. The girls on the other hand would all have a girls night over at Bandit and Chilli's house. Bandit and Thomas were the first to arrive at Stripe's house. "Do we have everything mate?" Bandit asked as he looked at his son. "Yeah I think we do, all our drinks are in the back," Thomas said as got out of his car. Bandit unbuckled himself and went to the back of his son's car and helped bring the drinks. Bandit and Thomas carried a bag each with drinks and walked up to Stripes' door. Bandit rang the doorbell and within a few minutes, his little brother answered the door. "Hey mates!" Stripe said with a smile.

"Hey uncle stripe!" Thomas said, wagging his tail. "Come on in," Stripe said as he took a bag from Thomas. Thomas and Bandit both walked into Stripe's house. "Is uncle Rad on his way?" Thomas asked as they went into the kitchen. "Yeah, I actually just spoke with him on the phone, he should be here soon," Stripe said as he placed the drinks down on the counter. Bandit had also placed them down on the counter and then helped place them into the refrigerator. "Luckily I have a few cold ones here," Stripe said as he handle his brother and nephew a soda. "Thanks uncle stripe," Thomas said, taking a Coke from his uncle. "Your welcome mate," Stripe said with a smile. "Need any help with dinner mate?" Bandit asked his younger brother. "Sure mate, I have salad stuff that could be made," Stripe said as he started to bring out the salad stuff from his refrigerator.

Bandit nodded as he started to make the salad. Thomas then went to the bathroom while Bandit and Stripe were talking. "How's he holding up?" Stripe asked his older brother. "Better, now that dog is in jail. I think the nightmares have stopped," Bandit explained while chopping up some tomatoes. "Good and Rad?" Stripe asked before taking a drink of his soda. "I haven't really spoken to him about it," Bandit said while continuing to make the salad. "I see," Stripe said as he walked out to his deck. Thomas came from the bathroom after washing his hands. "Do you need help dad?" Thomas asked his father. "I think I got it, you can see if your uncle needs help though," Bandit said with a soft smile. Thomas nodded as he then went outside to see if his uncle needed help. "Need some help uncle Stripe?" Thomas asked while Stripe was cleaning the grill.

"Nah mate I think I got it," Stripe said with a smile. "Alright," Thomas said as he leaned against the wall. "You can jump into the pool if you want mate," Stripe said as he looked at his nephew. "I'm alright uncle Stripe, but I'll keep that in mind," Thomas said with a smile. Stripe nodded as he continued to clean. "That should be good!" Stripe said with a smile. "There is one thing you can get me mate," Stripe said looking at his nephew. "Oh yeah? What's that?" Thomas asked getting prepared for whatever his uncle needed him to go. "Can you grab me the steaks from the refrigerator? They're all seasoned and ready to go," Stripe explained. "Sure thing uncle Stripe," Thomas said as he went into his uncle's house to grab the steaks. Once Thomas walked into the kitchen and grabbed the steaks out of the refrigerator Rad had walked into the house.

"Hey mate!" Bandit said to his older brother. "Hey mate sorry I'm late I needed to grab some shrimp from the market," Rad explained as he brought in a bag with the shrimp. "Great timing uncle Rad, uncle Stripe just wanted me to grab these," Thomas said as he brought out the steaks. Rad chuckled "I see your dads stuck doing salad duties," Rad poking fun. "Hey! I offered!" Bandit protested. Thomas laughed and then went outside and handed Stripe the steaks. "Uncle Rads here," Thomas told his younger uncle. "Oh good! Now boys night can get started!" Stripe said as he wagged his tail. Thomas smiled at that as he placed down the raw steaks. "Thank you, uncle Stripe, I think we all needed this," Thomas said with a smile. "You're welcome mate, it really is nice to have you and my brothers over," Stripe said with a smile. "Stripe! The games on!" Rad called out to his youngest brother. "Put it on the TV out here!" Stripe called out to his oldest brother.