Chapter 15: Levon

Chapter 15: Levon

The afternoon clock ticked away in the Brisbane High School library as Thomas sat at a table during a free period, catching up on his homework. The light blue furred Heeler-Husky mix sighed, leaning back in his seat as he stretched.

Thomas glanced over at the clock, checking the time before looking back down at his homework on the library table to see how much he had gotten done thus far. Thomas continues his homework although something was on his mind. Chilli had handed Thomas a card from her purse about doing more volunteer work at the group home for kids his age and younger.

After looking at the clock and seeing he still had some time to finish, Thomas looked back at his homework and saw he only had a couple more questions to answer.

Upon finishing his homework and getting all caught up, the light blue furred Heeler-Husky mix stared at what he accomplished with satisfaction.

The moment was short lived however as something began to occupy his mind, Thomas reached into his pocket before pulling out a pamphlet that his mother Chilli had handed him prior to when he left for school.

The pamphlet was of a Group Home for children around Thomas' age and younger. It also read that they were looking for people to volunteer. As Thomas read all the details of the pamphlet, he began to wonder if maybe he should try volunteering at this Group Home?

Thomas but his lip thinking about it for a moment. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to stop by," Thomas thought to himself as he stood up from his table and grabbed his backpack before heading to his next class. It had been about two weeks since making up with Brandy and Thomas had texted his aunt about this opportunity with the group him. Brandy herself was still thinking about going but definitely encouraged her nephew to take a leap of faith in volunteering.

After school Thomas started driving to the group home. For a moment, Thomas bit his bottom lip as he pondered the idea of volunteering, "I guess it wouldn't hurt if I went over and had a look around..." He thought to himself before getting up from his seat at the library table and proceeding to his next class.

Later that day, after school had finished for the day and Thomas got into his car, he texted his Aunt Brandy about his visit to the Group Home while she was still thinking about going. Brandy had replied back, encouraging her nephew to take the leap of faith at visiting and potentially volunteering at the Group Home.

Eventually, Thomas had arrived in front of the Group Home before putting his car in park and getting out, "Well, Thomas... This is it." He said to himself before taking a deep breath and walking towards the entrance of the building.

Once Thomas walked into the building he looked around as saw kids of all ages playing around and talking to each other. Thomas smiled and wagged his tail as he started feeling hopeful to help.

Upon walking inside, Thomas looked around the Group Home to see children of various ages playing around and talking to one another, Thomas smiled at the sight as his tail wagged while the feeling of wanting to help made his heart swell with hope.

"Hello there, how can I help you?" A voice called out to Thomas. The young light blue furred Heeler-Husky mix snapped out of his thoughts before turning to see a bleach blonde furred Labrador Retriever girl that looked about his age staring at him with warm and comforting smile.

Thomas' eyes glanced down at her name tag to see her name was Jade, "Oh yes, my name is Thomas Heeler. I got a pamphlet that was talking about this place." Thomas explained as he introduced himself. "Oh! For volunteering!" Jade said with a smile.

"My name is Jade, and I'm one of the people in charge of running this facility." She explained as she introduced herself, "So, what made you want to come and volunteer?" She asked with a bright and positive attitude. "I want to help, any way that I can," Thomas explained. Jade smiled at that. "Well let's get your started and you can meet one of the kids!" Jade said wagging her tail.