Helping A Friend

“... there was an immediate spark between us, guys. I think he felt it too because he stood so close! So so close... Is this how it feels? To fall in love at first sight?”

“Can you rant somewhere else? I am literally trying to complete my overdue assignment here!” Jay complains and glares at his bestfriend who is still lost in his fantasy world.

“We left him alone for five minutes and within that five minutes he managed to find himself a spouse.” Jake laughs while scribbling something on his physics book.

“Do you think I will see that beautiful boy again? Wait, will he even remember my name? He was already making out with somebody else before he paid any attention to me-”

“Don't you have a math test to worry about?” Jay asks with a clearly agitated tone.

“And does your prince charming even have a name?” Jake adds, paying no mind to the glare Jay is now throwing at him.

“Yes, he does.” he only answers to Jake's question because apparently any non-sunoo related question will fall on his deaf ear “His name is Sunoo.”

Jay suddenly starts choking on air making both Jake and Sunghoon look at him curiously.

“Sunoo? A-as in Kim Sunoo?” the bluenette asks.

At that question, Sunghoon launches at the older and starts shaking his body violently “How do you know him?!”

Jay rolls his eyes and pushes him away “Geez get off me! And chill, I know him because he is also in the music club.”

“He plays music? HE GOES TO THE SAME COLLEGE?!”

Jay winces and shuts his friend's mouth with a hand “Do you want to alert the entire neighborhood, you idiot?” Sunghoon shakes his head slowly so Jay continues “And to answer your question, yes he is our junior. A pretty popular one. Not like you would know 'cause you hardly attend any classes.”

Sunghoon could hear Jake snickering at the side but decides to ignore it “But why did you react weirdly after hearing his name?”

Jay frowns and lowers his head, his ears turning slightly pink.

“It's a long story...”

“I am all ears.” Jake answers for Sunghoon, making Jay feel more annoyed because the australian already knows the entire story and just finds entertainment in seeing his friend getting flustered.

“Ugh okay,” Jay coughs and starts narrating the story to a disoriented Sunghoon.

-

“So you have a crush on Kim Sunoo's bestfriend who, for some reason, hates your guts. And as a result, Sunoo also hates you and wants you to stay away from his bff?”

Jay avoids looking at him and simply hums to answer.

“Hoon, listen! If you manage to win Kim Sunoo's heart maybe you can try convincing him that our Jay is not a bad guy, just a grumpy one and a neat freak-”

“YAH!”

“And then maybe he will stop acting like the great wall of China between Jay and the love of his life-”

“IT'S JUST A CRUSH!”

Jake has mastered the art of ignoring the american at this point “If the plan goes successful, he might even try to tell his friend to give our Jay a chance-”

“IT'S NOT HAPPENING!”

Sunghoon ponders upon the silly plan while in his peripheral vision Jay is trying to reach for Jake's neck, either to hug him or to strangle him, only time can answer.

In all honesty, Sunghoon isn't really worried about the second part of the plan. As much as they love to tease Jay, they know that he is a really kind and reliable person (plus attractive but they would rather die than admit it) and it probably wouldn't take too long for Sunoo and his friend to realise that too. But inorder to set the plan in motion, he has to charm Sunoo first and he is already having a cold feet thinking about all the million ways he is going to approach the beautiful boy. 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘺.

“I think I know which club I am joining this time.” Sunghoon declares, earning a cheer from Jake and a painful groan from Jay.

“Can't make any promises though so don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.” he adds, just incase he is giving false hope to his poor friend.

Jay nods sadly “No pressure, it's a stupid plan anyway.”

“Hey!” Now it is Jake's turn to be annoyed.

Suddenly a question comes into Sunghoon's mind, something that he should have asked first but he didn't. (Blame Kim Sunoo and his captivating eyes that lives rent free in his head)

“What's the name of his friend?”

Jay gets flustered again and signals Jake to say it, making both of them laugh fondly. It's so rare to see their angry bird becoming a blushing mess for something as little as crush.

“He is also in the music club and has a  wonderful voice! His name is Lee Heeseung.”
.
.
.
.
.
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲: 𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗝𝗔𝗬!