What A Day

Weeks have past since Jay called Heeseung and the american has been acting miserable ever since.

Contrary to the popular belief, Sunghoon is not a "heartless ice prince" in sooth and can totally sympathize with his bestfriend. And truth be told, Jay is very dear to Sunghoon. He genuinely cannot imagine a life without him in it.

However if he forces himself to listen to Jay's crying and wailing in the wee hours for one more night, his hair might prematurely turn grey. The fact that his friend has to be pulled out of bed to make him act like a normal human being is definitely not helping.

The skater is ready to acknowledge that this is all his fault. He did this to Jay (although unintentionally) and he is now facing the consequences BUT he would honestly rather fight an alligator than lose his beauty sleep.

"You look like you just stepped out of a mental asylum." Jake chortles while munching on his fries.

"Is it possible to shush a grown man with a pacifier?" Sunghoon rests his head against the cold surface of the table, visibly exhausted from the lack of sleep "You know it's bad when a snob like me is seriously considering to move out and become acquainted with the hobos on the street."

"Just tell him to tone it down then." Jake casually suggests as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wow Jake, so helpful! How did I never think of that?" the blonde replies, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Sleep deprivation does that to some people. You were dumb beforehand anyway- Hey! Don't touch my fries!"

Sunghoon ignores him and grabs a handful of those fried chips "I don't see your name on it."

"Fine, I hope both sides of your pillow remain warm forever!" Jake flips him off before marching away in long strides.

Well, there goes his only available friend.

Sunghoon shortly pays for their food and sluggishly walks out of the fastfood restaurant. He has no idea where he should be heading next.

Going back to his dorm and getting a very necessary nap sounds like a good idea but he is afraid that his bestfriend is probably, no, not probably- beyond any doubt- still in his bed listening to 'From The Dining Table' by Harry Styles on loop and sobbing like the heartsick loser he is.

Hence he keeps walking with no clear goal in mind, suddenly stopping right in his tracks when he catches a glimpse of his pretend boyfriend through the glass window of a flower shop.

Buying flowers? For who?

_

An unexpected hand lands on Sunoo's shoulder almost making the ravenette jump out of his skin and scream. He briskly turns around and comes face to face (more like face to chest) with the skater whose gaze is lingering at the bouquet of sunflowers he is holding.

"It's for Heeseung hyung." Sunoo answers although the older didn't ask.

Noticing Sunghoon's bewildered expression, he quickly adds "Hyung's been down in the dumps lately so I thought maybe this could cheer him up."

"Didn't take him as a flower enthusiast," Sunghoon jokes and follows Sunoo to the counter "Thought you are buying this for a secret lover."

"And what if I was?"

"I can fight."

"Getting possessive, aren't you?" Sunoo teases, eyes twinkling in mirth. He thanks the florist and walks out of the store with the blonde boy tailing after him.

"Not as possessive as your best friend though," Sunghoon pouts and wraps his arm around the younger's shoulder "I don't mean to sound weird, but sometimes his obsession with you seems more than just platonic."

"That wouldn't be so bad actually. I remember having a crush on Heeseung hyung when I was twelve!"

"Will you be mad if I say that I'm not surprised?"

Sunoo whines and playfully pushes the older away "Yah Park Sunghoon! As my fake boyfriend you should be seething with jealousy right now."

"Oh, I'm jealous alright? And I'm not gonna let you go back to that apartment again."

"Apologies for disappointing you but I'm on my way back home~" Sunghoon pulls a sulky face, and even though they are both messing with each other, Sunoo begins to feel sorry.

"Well, I'm thinking of watching the new spider-verse movie tonight and Heeseung hyung refuses to come out his room so, um, come and spend some time with me?" Sunoo suggests, senselessly twirling his hair around his fingers.

Realising that Sunghoon is no longer walking next to him, Sunoo whips his head around and sees the older glued in his spot like a statue.

"A-are you sure?!" he stutters out while slowly moving forward.

"Sure about what exactly?" Sunoo flushes a light pink at the implication.

"I mean, yeah! Of course I'll tag along so we can have fun- no no not that kind of fun- Ah, fun but not in a bad way! Shit, i don't mean to say that that kind of fun is bad but- Why am I still talking?" Sunghoon purses his lips in embarrassment, the nearby trashcan suddenly looking like a nice place to hide.

Sunoo bites back a smile and leans closer, against the older's side.

"Come on, we are getting late."

Maybe this is wishful thinking, or probably just mindless dreaming, but deep down Sunoo wishes that the red rose hidden poorly inside Sunghoon's coat pocket is meant for him and no one else.

He will give this to me later...

_

"Sunoo-ya, I need you to be at least one hundred and one percent sure that it's safe for me to go inside." Sunghoon says while hiding behind the smaller for safety purposes.

"It's not your first time being here, hyung. Just relax and-"

Sunoo's whole body tenses up as though he has just seen a ghost. Confused as to why the younger is frozen in place, Sunghoon peeks over his shoulder to see-

Jay and Heeseung making out on a couch?
.
.
.
.
.
Author Note: Hiiii I've decided to write both heesun and sunsunjay! Lemme give y'all a heads up tho- sunsunjay fic will be sad, like very kdrama-ish kind of sad. And heesun is uhhhh kind of steamy? Idk? I've never written anything remotely smutty so yeahhh

 And heesun is uhhhh kind of steamy? Idk? I've never written anything remotely smutty so yeahhh

Anyway here is a snippet of my heesun ^⁠_⁠^