Uncover

Heeseung swears that he adores Sunoo, so much that he is physically incapable of saying 'no' to him. One single bat of his long pretty eyelashes and it's game over for the brunette.

Sunoo's big sister, Kim Minjeong, even lectured him once on how he is basically spoiling her little brother. But does he care? Not much. Because nothing feels more rewarding than seeing the younger smile (call it a borderline obsession at this point)

Can anyone blame him for that though?

For Heeseung, Sunoo is literally happiness and comfort personified. Inspite of his introvertness, he was the first person to approach the younger during middle school and they have been inseparable since then. Even their families were close for this reason.

To put it mildly, even though his bestfriend does possess some bad qualities (such as trusting people way too easily, not taking things seriously, enjoying that forbidden toothpaste flavour) Heeseung has been nothing but loving and encouraging towards him.

However he can neither encourage nor tolerate what he is seeing right now: Sunoo coming back from his "suprise date" looking as if he just got ran over by a car.

"You look like shit."

"Thank you," Sunoo clumsily falls on the sofa and starts scrolling through his messages "He isn't online..."

"Who? Park Jackass Sunghoon?" he asks mockingly, causing Sunoo to roll his eyes.

"Can you not?"

He settles down next to Sunoo, resting his head on the younger's broad shoulder "Did something happen? Who do I need to beat up this time?"

"Nothing serious but- wait, what do you mean by 'this time'?" Sunoo questions in an accusing tone.

"Don't worry your pretty head." he assures, linking his arms with the boy who is busy going through his phone "So did that bimbo ditch you or something?"

The younger sighs and puts his phone away "Nope, he just left early."

"That's unfortunate, him and Jay are two peas in a pod after all."

"He left only after receiving a call from Jay hyung though."

Sunoo then notices Heeseung becoming still from the corner of his eyes "Hyung, are you hiding something?"

He thinks of pretending to fall asleep, to run away, literally anything to avoid that subject because the last thing Heeseung wants is to drag Sunoo into his mess.

As if sensing the elder's inner panic, Sunoo gently starts running his fingers through his hair. It does the trick as he eventually calms down and shuts his eyes.

Then he slowly opens his mouth, voice sounding somewhat reluctant "Sun..." Instantly Sunoo leans closer and squeezes his hand, to let him know that he is there and listening.

"Jay spoke to me today."

-

"Park Jeongseong, this better be fucking important because I left my Sunoo alone for- OH MY GOSH ARE YOU CRYING?"

Sunghoon quickly kneels infront of Jay who is currently sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down, his red, swollen eyes fixated on his lap.

"Talk to me Jay-ah please, tell me what happened?" he asks in a soft voice and Jay can't help but sniffle loudly at that.

Seeing his friend in such a vulnerable state, Sunghoon begins to feel a lump forming in his throat. Jay was always there for him when he needed a safe zone and the least he can do right now is listen attentively.