Make Me Happy

“Why are you here?”

“I work here, Sunoo hyung.”

Jungwon rolls his eyes as he places a single cup of coffee on Sunoo's table and sits across from him.

“Then aren't you supposed to be like, i don't know, WORKING?”

“There are very few customers today. Also Riki promised that he will come and take my shift soon,” Jungwon shrugs and checks the time on the wall clock “Well, he is fourty minutes late."

“Since when did he start doing a part-time job? I thought his family is filthy rich or something.” Sunoo smiles knowingly before putting in some sugar cubes in his cup.

Jungwon simply archs an eyebrow at him “I don't know about that. He just seems to be fond of making my life a living hell by following me everywhere.”

“Everywhere you say?”

“Hyung, he literally came to my grandma's birthday party. How the hell does he even know where my grandma lives?!” the younger slumps on his chair with a defeated sigh.

“Ooooh my Wonie is being stalked by a six feet tall baby-duck, how thrilling. And could you bring me some tiramisu?” Sunoo asks while taking a sip of his coffee.

“Please stop talking. And why tiramisu anyway? I thought you like-” Jungwon stops midway when the doorbell chimes and Sunoo's lips curl into a smile as he sees a familiar figure emerging inside the cafe.

“Sunoo-ya! I hope I didn't make you wait too long,” Sunghoon says as he walks towards them “Oh- hi Jungwon! Didn't see you there, sorry.”

Jungwon waves his hand dismissively “That's okay Sunghoon hyung, please have a seat.”

The red-head makes his way to the counter to prepare some coffee for Sunghoon and leaves the two alone.

Sunghoon hesitantly sits where Jungwon was earlier sitting.

“So how was your day?” Sunoo asks in a singing voice while resting his face on his palm.

Sunghoon doesn't respond. He looks at the window, at the table, literally everywhere except those foxy eyes.

And Sunoo feels his heart cracking a little.

“Hoonie hyung-”

“Sunooya-”

They accidentally interrupt each other and end up creating a weird atmosphere.

“You go first.” Sunoo offers as he pretends to take another sip from his already empty cup.

Clearing his throat, Sunghoon begins to question “Did Heeseung say anything? About yesterday?”

“Yeah, he mentioned it, kinda... Are you mad at us hyung?”

“What? No, Sunoo- that's not... This is all a big misunderstanding! It's all my fault,” his voice starts trembling as he speaks “Jay didn't show up to his birthday because of me, okay? Jay even had a gift prepared for Heeseung but my stupid ass decided to fall sick on that same exact day. Jake called him from the hospital and he was in so much panic that he forgot to inform Heeseung about- About how his perfectionist friend almost overworked himself to death before a skating tournament! All because I couldn't stand getting a silver medal and- and I'm so sorry-”

Sunghoon covers his face, his head facing downwards as tears threaten to fall. He feels so ashamed that he can't even bring himself to face the ravenette right now, or maybe ever.

“Are you still in pain?”

“W-what..?”

Sunoo swiftly comes closer and cradles the elder's face into his hands “You said you were so sick that you ended up in a hospital. So are you feeling okay now? It must have been a painful experience, right? I hope you no longer hurt yourself like that.”