Chapter Eight

"Spencer, stay with me, okay?" Morgan panicked as he jumped in the ambulance, sirens blaring as they headed for the hospital.

"Nonono, don't close your eyes, look at me, look at me Spencer." Morgan grabbed Reids hand, trying to calm Reid as much himself down.

"I got 80 over 40!" The paramedic yelled, Morgan was barely able to make out the words.

"Flatlining." The paramedic spoke.

//

Morgan paced around the waiting room, he was probably gonna make a dent in the floor. Nothing was new with Reid, all he knew is that he was in critical condition when he arrived at the hospital, leading to the emergency surgery now being performed on his best friend.

"Morgan please sit down." Hotch spoke, himself looking worried, but he was more worried about Morgan, as the sound of heels clicking against the floor filled the way too quiet hall.

"I got here as soon as i could, how is he?" Garcia came to a stop in front of Morgan, her cheeks tear stained, but Morgan's more.

"They haven't told us anything yet." He held in a sob, before wrapping his arms around Garcia, Garcia immediately returning the hug. Morgan placed his chin on top of her head, sobbing.

"Spencer Reid?" The doctor asked. The whole team immediately looked up with eyes full of worry.

"When he arrived he was in critical condition." Morgan let out a sob, expecting the worst. "-He lost a lot of blood, but we were able to stabilize him, he just got out of surgery."

Morgan almost dropped to the ground, Garcia barley holding him up. He sobbed, he smiled but he sobbed against her chest. Hotch sighed relived, JJ, Prentiss and Rossi too.

"You can see him, but he's currently unconscious." The doctor smiled at the scene. The whole team following after the doctor, Morgan basically running.

Morgan looked at the unconscious Reid, he smiled, Reid was alive, he was gonna stay alive and that's all that mattered. The whole team stood for a while.

"Morgan stay with him, the rest of us are gonna head back and get some sleep." Hotch smiled, a rare sight.

"Thank you." Morgan wiped away a tear. The team left, leaving Morgan who took a seat next to Reid.

//

Reid groaned as he sat up. "Where am i?" He asked. "Hospital." Morgan said, he was sitting in one of the hospital chairs, leaning over, hands folded on the knees.

"Derek?" Reid asked, looking over at the man beside him.

"I'm right here pretty boy." He smiled.

"My shoulder hurts." Reid groaned.

"You got shot, it's expected."

"Did you catch Micheal?" Reid asked.

"After he shot you he dropped the gun and surrendered, Hotch told us not to fire, so yeah we did."

"Good."

"Yeah, you want anything?"

"Something warm, i'm cold." Spencer groaned trying to get comfortable. Morgan walked over, before wrapping his arms around the younger. "You scared me half to death, Spencer." He felt a tear drip down his cheek. "Sorry" Reid replied, his head resting against Morgans shoulder.

"I love you, you know that?" Morgan stepped back. "You do?" Reid's eyes shot big. "God so much, yes."

"When can i leave?" Reid asked. "Soon, you were out for a while."

"Ah, Spencer Reid,  you're awake!" The doctor smiled as she entered the room, holding some medication.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. "I'm fine, when can i go home?" "I'm thinking about a week, as the place you were shot didn't damage any bones or muscles, or anything, it was a lucky hit."

"Thank you." Reid smiled at the doctor.

//

"You're sure you're safe to fly?" Hotch asked Reid, as they boarded the plane.

"Absolutely, i just wanna go home." Reid replied, sitting on the couch.

"Of course, if you need any time off, just tell me." Hotch replied before sitting down himself.

Reid groaned as he tried to find a comfortable position to sit in. "Don't pop the stitches." Morgan joked as he sat next to Reid.

"It's harder than you think to pop stitches." Reid fired back, placing both feet on the couch. Morgan scoffed.

"Can you hand me my book?" Reid asked Morgan, as he was finally getting comfortable. He sighed, "Yes of course your highness" He joked.

Morgan reached into Reid's bag, pulling out a Physics book. He smiled. "Here you go princess."

"Thanks."

//