Chapter Eighteen

"The hell you mean?" Morgan was angrily yelling at someone over the phone.

Reid sat up slowly, yawning as he saw what time it was. 4:18 AM. What could be so important at this hour?

"No, no no nonono." Morgan's words were slowly melting into just grunts of anger, and perhaps annoyance.

Reid stood up, standing in front of Morgan, leaning his head on his shoulder. "Who is it?" Morgan didn't answer.

"The evidence was there!" He yelled again, looking so mad, fuming. "Okay." Morgan ended the call, giving his attention to the man who was leaning against his shoulder. "Hey you." Morgan tried keeping his tone calm.

"Who was that?" Reid yawned.  Morgan sighed loudly.

"Anderson was found innocent." Reid immediately shot up, staring at Morgan like he had spoken Turkish. "He literally hit me in the head with a lamp!" Reid protested loudly, standing up straight.

"His lawyer excused it for erratic behavior due to his home being raided." Morgan sighed stroking Reid's hair slowly, trying to calm him down.

"And the murders?" Reid asked annoyed. "Not enough evidence." Reid was fuming too now, he was about to cry, all those innocent people! He was supposed to take this well, as a federal agent, he was supposed to be used to this! But this case hit him hard, maybe because of Morgan?

"I'm sorry love." Morgan looked so sad, Reid softly pulled Morgan into a hug. Morgan immediately wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close.

//

"Okay, last night there was another shooting, Daniel McCain, 33, single father of Matthew 13 and Andrew 15." Garcia spoke over the computer.

All the agents were sitting in the conference, looking at evidence.

Reid couldn't focus, it was weird, usually he was good at this, but Andersons release Just made him so angry.

"Reid?" Hotch asked from across the table, looking worried. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Reid felt his mind run at light years an hour, what did he do? What happened?

Reid nodded, following Hotch to a secluded piece of the station. "I thought I made it clear that your relationship with Morgan couldn't get in the way of the job." Hotch crossed his arms.

"It's not getting in the way." Reid simply replied, kind of lying as the reason he hated Anderson this much, was because of Morgan.

"Then what it is? You weren't paying attention in there." Hotch asked, Reid didn't answer, looking at the floor. "Reid." Hotch snapped. "You're not listening now either." Hotch sighed disappointed. "It's not Morgan, and it's not the job." Reid softly explained. "Then what is it?" Hotch sounded kind of pissed.

"Elijah Anderson got released due to lack of evidence." Hotch didn't even look bothered by that. "I know." He simply spoke. "Does that bother you?" He asked again. Reid's eyes shot up. "Yes it does!" He spat at his boss, immediately regretting it.

"Why?"

Reid stuttered for a bit, before finally replying. "Because he killed 8 innocent people-" "Allegedly." Hotch interrupted. "Hotch! We both know that he did it!" Reid sighed. "Yes, but there is physically nothing I can do." Hotch looked down at Reid, he looked desperate. "Why did this case hit you so hard? Because of Morgan, because it could've been you or him?" Hotch snapped, looking pissed. Reid sighed. "No- well yes it could've! Because 8 innocent people's families are left without justice!" Reid quietly yelled.

"Do not yell at me Reid, look you're gonna either go in there with your head in the game, or head to the hotel till you cool off."

Reid sighed. "Okay." Heading back to the team, he felt Hotchs stare burn into his skull.

Walking back into conference room, he felt a lot of stares eyeing him down. He quietly sat down, and returned to what he was doing before, which was looking into the moms of the children.

//

Once they were finally heading back to the hotel, after having delivered the profile, Reid was very exhausted.

He just wanted to go to bed, sleep, dream a dream where sons of bitches like Anderson don't go free.

Reid and Morgan walked into their two rooms, before Reid knocked on the door, smiling as Morgan let him in.

"What's wrong?" Morgan asked concerned, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

"Nothing." Reid sighed, giving into Morgan's touch, as he placed a quick peck on his lips. "Something is wrong." Morgan fired back, sitting down on the bed, feeling Reid straddle his lap. "Hotch was mad at me." Reid softly muttered. "Why?" Morgan asked concerned, rubbing up and down Reids back.

"He thought this was getting in the way of work." Morgan felt his heart speed up, oh no. "And?" "I told him he was wrong, that it was Anderson who got on my nerves." Morgan held Reid close against his chest as he spoke, "Why?" Reid sighed, the exact question Hotch had asked him. "8 innocent people without justice, Derek." Reid sighed softly. "Because lack of evidence." Morgan scoffed.

"We can't do anything about that." Morgan whispered in his ear, softly putting his hands on Reid's waist. "I know." He barely whispered, as he leaned in, kissing Morgan slowly, smiling slightly as Morgan stood up, carrying Reid with him.

Reid cuddled up against Morgan, laying his head in the crook of his neck. He softly sat Reid down on the counter beside the sink in his bathroom. Morgan began brushing his teeth, as Reid leaned back against the wall, loving every second he spent with his boyfriend.

"Come on." Reid was brought back to reality, as Morgan picked him up again. "I don't get this." Reid smiled as Morgan walked back to the bedroom. "Get what?" He asked. "The fact that you carry me around so much." Reid felt himself being laid down on the bed, his legs barely hanging off. "You're just so lightweight." Morgan placed a quick peck to his lips, as laid down next to him.

Reid pulled himself up, cuddling against Morgan.

//

See? Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?