CHAPTER FIVE

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER FIVE:The Demogorgon╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER FIVE:
The Demogorgon
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

The kids, minus Eleven, were now sat at the table in the dining room for dinner with the rest of the Wheelers. They were eating meatloaf; well, more like picking at it; the four of them weren't eating. Finding out that the strange girl they found had superpowers sort of drained their appetites.

Mrs. Wheeler looked up from her plate at the four kids, concerned that they weren't eating, "Something wrong with the meatloaf?" She asked them.

"Oh, no. I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch... I don't know why." Dustin covered, with a forced chuckle. "Me, too." Lucas said, rubbing his stomach, while Beck rolled her eyes at the two, "I'm just not very hungry." She told Karen, honestly.

"It's delicious, Mommy." Nancy complimented, her mother gave her a thankful smile, "Thank you, sweetie."

"So, there's this, special assembly tonight, for Will at the school field. Barb's driving." Nancy spoke slowly, Rebecca glanced at her suspiciously, knowing exactly what she was doing. The girl knew all about Steve's party tonight, and it wouldn't take a genius to guess that Nancy wanted to go see her boyfriend. Nancy glanced back at her, and gave Beck a look as if saying 'please don't say anything'.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

"I thought you knew." Nancy said, as the woman shook her head with a sigh, saying, "I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found."

"I know, I know, but It'd be super weird if I'm not there. I mean, everyone's going." Nancy persuaded, and her eyes caught Rebecca's again for a split second. Mrs. Wheeler let out a sigh, "Just... be back by ten." She told her daughter, Beck raised an eyebrow at Nancy. "Why don't you take the boys and Rebecca, too?" Karen added.

"No!" Mike said, followed by a bunch of protests from the other boys; Beck had to hold in a laugh. Karen looked bewildered, "Don't you think you should be there? For Will?" She questioned.

Suddenly Mike choked on his Milk, looking up to see what he was looking at; Beck watched as Eleven walked down the stairs; her eyes widened. Mrs. Wheeler noticed and went to look behind her, but Dustin slammed his fists against the table, gaining the woman's attention again, scaring Holly in the process, who shrunk down in her high chair.

"Sorry, spasm." He apologized, Beck let out a small laugh, but played it off as a cough. Karen glared at them both, and went to comfort Holly while Nancy turned to Dustin and whispered, "Nice."