CHAPTER TWELVE

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER TWELVE:The Fight╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

CHAPTER TWELVE:
The Fight
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

The kids had all gathered once more in Mike's basement, relaying the flea and the acrobat demonstration to Eleven. Mike's face was etched in determination as he stabbed his pencil through the paper, ending his explanation, "It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this. But, that's got to be what happened, otherwise, how'd Will get there, right?" Mike told the girl.

"Right." Eleven stuttered, looking slightly nervous.

"What we wanna know is, do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked her, and she shook her head. "Then how do you know about the Upside Down?" He threw his hands up in defeat.

A persistent stomping pulled Becks gaze away from Eleven, as she turned towards the noise, she rolled her eyes when she found Dustin pacing.

"Dustin, what are you doing?" She demanded, drawing the attention of both Lucas and Mike. Dustin just continued his relentless pacing, completely ignoring her question.

"Dustin? Dustin!" Mike called him, but still got no response.

"Dustin!" Lucas' voice rang out, finally grabbing the boy's attention, as he whirled around in a circle.

"I... I need to see your compasses." Dustin stammered out, his words stumbling over each other, confusing the group. "What? Why?" Beck questioned.

"Your compasses. All of your compasses, right now!" He insisted, making them all scramble to grab as many as they could, then tossed them onto the table in front of them.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike asked, not understanding why the boy was freaking out over a bunch of compasses.

"Well, they're all facing north, right?" Dustin asked, rhetorically. Beck rose a brow at the boy, "Yeah, that's what compasses do." She sassed, earning a disapproving glare from Dustin.

"Well, that's not true north." He declared, causing even more confusion among the group.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked, curiously.

"I mean exactly what I just said, that's not true north. Are you all seriously this dense?" Dustin exclaimed, his frustration evident as Lucas shrugged at him.

"The sun rises in the east, and sets in the west, right? Which means that's true north." He explained in a simplified manner, gesturing towards the walls as if to illustrate his point.