CHAPTER SEVEN

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER SEVEN:The Body╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER SEVEN:
The Body
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

As the party made their way towards the power lines behind Mike's house, they caught sight of Eleven standing and staring passed the fences. "What's she doing?" Rebecca asked, her brows furrowed.

"Being a weirdo, as per usual." Lucas told her, and she rolled her eyes. "Quit calling her that. You're acting like she murdered your whole family." Beck scolded the boy.

"Maybe she did." Lucas argued, and she shook her head at him.

"El!" Mike called to her, gaining the girls attention, "You okay?"

The girl nodded at him, even though it seemed like she wasn't being entirely truthful. Mike gave the seat of his bike a pat, saying, "Hop on, we only have a few hours."

Eleven quickly got on the bike and they were off; Beck didn't exactly know where they were going, but she just followed behind Mike. About twenty minutes into the ride they decided to walk their bikes through the woods.

Mike and Eleven were walking a bit ahead of the others, but they couldn't hear if they were talking or not. Beck walked quicker to catch up with the two, wanting to speak to Eleven.

"Can I talk to her?" She asked Mike, he nodded, but stayed walking in sync with them. "Um, alone?"

"Oh, yeah." He said, before falling back to walk with the others. It was silent between the two girls for a minute; Rebecca trying to find the right words.

"Will is my best friend." She spoke, breaking the silence. The girl furrowed her brows at the new phrase, "Best friend?" Eleven wondered.

"Yeah, it's like more than just a friend, like extra close. He feels more like family to me than my actual family. We hang out all the time, and we have sleepovers, watch movies. It's great, I do everything with him." Beck explained to the girl; who nodded to signal she was listening. "He knows more about me than anyone else, maybe even more than myself."

"Sounds nice." El said.

"It is... I really miss him." She frowned, it was quiet for a moment before she asked, "Can you really find him?"

Eleven nodded, prompting Beck to let out a breath of relief, that was all she wanted; reassurance that Eleven was telling the truth. She wasn't exactly sure why, but she trusted the strange girl with the superpowers, and she believed that she would find her best friend.