CHAPTER NINE

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER NINE:The Makeover╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER NINE:
The Makeover
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

Attempting to find a way to sneak out of her house was unexpectedly harder than usual, given her mother's insistent desire to speak with her. After ten long minutes, Beck finally managed to slip past her mother's watchful gaze. She eased the back door shut and swiftly made her way to the front yard. There, she retrieved her bike from the side of the driveway, where she had threw it down the night prior and sped off towards Mike's house.

Unfortunately, Beck arrived a bit later than she had anticipated, seeing as both Lucas and Dustin's bikes were already strewn about in the grass. She dropped her own bike next to theirs, and proceeded to walk in the door leading to the basement.

She entered in the midst of their conversation, only to hear Lucas shout, "-Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" The sudden slamming of the door caused all eyes to turn towards her, as she stood motionless, taking in what she heard.

"Becca..." Lucas spoke softly, causing Beck to snap at him in irritation, "Don't call me that." Only Will was allowed to call her Becca, a fact that all of them were well aware of. Calming herself, Beck closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before turning to Mike and asking, "Why am I here?"

"Will is alive." Mike reiterated for what seemed like the millionth time, "Yeah, you said that." She deadpanned, making the boy sigh. "Eleven's channeling him. He was singing that song he likes-" Mike began, before being cut off.

"Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" Beck interrupted, Mike nodded, "Yeah, that one."

"Maybe, it's his ghost, maybe he's haunting us." Dustin offered, attempting to make sense of the situation. "It's not his ghost." Mike denied, glaring at Dustin. "So, how do you know that?" Lucas challenged.

"I just do!" Mike argued, growing increasingly agitated.

"Then what was in that water?" Lucas pressed. "I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him." Mike insisted. Feeling overwhelmed by the chaos and uncertainty of the situation, Beck couldn't help but feel queasy.

The sound of static from the Supercom filled the room as Eleven fiddled with it, trying to channel Will. "This isn't gonna work. We need to get El to a stronger radio." Mike declared.

"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack." Dustin suggested, earning a nod of approval from Mike, "Yeah."

"The Heathkit's at school. There is no way we're getting the werido in there without anyone noticing. I mean... look at her." Lucas remarked, gesturing towards the confused girl. As they turned to look at her, an idea dawned on Beck "Who's up for a makeover?" She said with a sly smirk.