CHAPTER FOURTEEN

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER FOURTEEN:The Cliff Dive╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
The Cliff Dive
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

"El!" Mike and Dustin shouted in unison, their voices echoing through the dense woods. Finding Eleven was proving to be a far more challenging task than any of them had anticipated, it felt as if they had been searching for hours. "Eleven!" Beck called out.

They had long since abandoned their bikes, deciding to pull them alongside them instead, trudging through the underbrush and calling out her name every few seconds.

"El! Eleven!" Mike called again, desperately. "El!" Dustin echoed, his voice cracking slightly. "Hey, stop, do you hear that?" Mike suddenly whispered, his eyes widening. "What?" Beck wondered, cocking her head to the side.

"El!" Mike called again, his voice rising in urgency.

"El?" Beck questioned, her heart pounding in her chest as she now heard the unmistakable sound of leaves being crushed underfoot, coming from down the hill in front of them. However, instead of Eleven, it was Troy and James, their faces twisted into malicious grins.

"Hey, there Frogface." Troy hissed, simultaneously flicking open a knife, sending a wave of horror surging through Beck's widening eyes. "Toothless." James added, bitterness lacing his tone.

"Shit. Run, Mike!" Dustin urgently exclaimed, promptly dropping his bike to the ground and forcefully dragging Mike alongside him. "What!" Beck exclaimed in shock, as she watched them hastily retreat.

"Hey, Rebecca." Troy spat out her name like it was venom on his tongue, smirking at her as he flaunted the knife in his hand.

"Oh, shit." She cursed under her breath, before propelling herself into a desperate sprint after her fleeing friends. Troy and James swiftly pursued her, their footsteps pounding relentlessly in pursuit.

"Your dead, Wheeler!" Troy menacingly shouted as he chased after them.

"Move, Mike! Beck, come on, run!" Dustin urged, his voice laced with urgency and terror.

They persisted in their frantic escape until they reached the looming quarry, with Dustin gradually falling behind, his pace faltering as he groaned out, "Cramp!"

"Just keep going!" Mike commanded.

"Keep running!" Rebecca ordered. They continued to run, but as they reached the dangerous opening of the cliff, James came sprinting at them from the opposite side.