CHAPTER TEN

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER TEN:Like Home, But Dark╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER TEN:
Like Home, But Dark
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

As the five kids fervently stormed into the AV room, the door shut behind them with a loud thud, reverberating throughout the room. In that instant, Beck impulsively reached out and grabbed Mike, pulling him into an unexpected embrace. "Whoa, why are we hugging? We never hug." Mike questioned, taken aback yet still reciprocating the embrace.

The girl released him from her hold, but maintained a firm grip on his shoulders as she responded, her tone laced with genuine admiration. "We're hugging because you stood up for yourself, and you defended Will. I'm proud of you, I've taught you well." Mike tried to suppress the growing grin that was threatening to spread across his face, but he couldn't help it; he was also sort of proud of himself.

Beck then turned to Eleven, her gaze filled with amusement and gratitude. "And El, that was incredible, you made Troy piss himself in front of the whole school. I am never letting him live that down." A faint blush crept onto the small girls cheeks, and she lowered her gaze, a subtle smile gracing her lips.

"Okay, go do your nerd shit." Beck said, ushering them to the radio, with a wave of her hand. The boys exchanged looks of amusement before heading over to the Heathkit, while Eleven settled into the chair, as they turned the radio on.

"Now what?" Dustin inquired.

"She'll find him. Right, El?" Mike asked, his voice laced with uncertainty, but when the girl gave him a confident nod, he felt better. As El closed her eyes the radio emitted nothing but pure static. "She's doing it, she's finding him!" Mike exclaimed.

"This is crazy." Dustin said, unable to control his shock, making Lucas roll his eyes, and retorted, "Calm down, she just closed her eyes." Just as Lucas finished his words, a loud crash sounded as the light above them shattered, darkening the room. Beck's voice quivered with a mixture of fear and awe, "And... broke a light." She stated, a shiver running down her spine.

A collective gasp escaped their lips as the radio started changing by itself, seemingly possessed by something; Eleven. The eerie static gave away, transforming into a grating clanging noise, as if someone was breaking a door down.

"What is that?" Dustin wondered, and his question was answered abruptly when a voice, faint yet unmistakably familiar, came through the radio; "Mom?" Beck's heart skipped a beat as she recognized the voice, it was the voice of someone she could recognize anywhere; it was Will. He was alive and somehow reaching out to them from the unknown. She instinctively took a step back, the shock knocking the breath out of her chest.