CHAPTER THIRTEEN

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮CHAPTER THIRTEEN:Best Friends╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
Best Friends
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

The next morning, Beck was rudely awakened by an obnoxious phone call from Dustin. He urged that they needed to come up with some sort of plan to have Lucas and Mike make up with each other, and find Eleven. Their top priority was finding and saving Will, and without the party united, they had no chance. After their lengthy conversation, the two got ready to head over to their first stop; Mike's house.

As Beck was leaving her room, she passed by Steve's slightly cracked open door, allowing her to overhear him talking on the phone; presumably with Tommy. "Obviously I'm pissed dude. But, what exactly can I do?" Steve's voice seethed.

Beck creased her brows as she hid behind the door, eavesdropping on the conversation. She couldn't make out the other person's words, but she was curious as to why her brother was apparently so pissed off.

"Yes, I want to get back at them. The Byers family is nothing but a bunch of queers and screw-ups. No wonder that kid died." Steve ranted, letting out a scoff. Rebecca couldn't believe the words she was hearing, especially after he had comforted her after she found out about Will's supposed death. But now, she was just as angry as Steve was, if not more.

She couldn't bear to listen to any more of her brother's hateful conversation, so she stormed away, her anger propelling her down the stairs and out the front door. As she grabbed her bike and began to pedal furiously towards Dustin's house, she made a firm decision. She was done. Absolutely fucking done trying to have any sort of relationship with Steve. He was a self-centered prick, and she wanted nothing to do with him.

Just as Dustin exited his house, Beck abruptly halted her bicycle directly in front of him. With a hint of concern lacing his voice, he inquired, "Hey, you alright? You look upset." The look of disgust etched across her face did little to ease Dustin's worries.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." She replied nonchalantly, though her tone betrayed her words, Dustin remained unconvinced, his gaze lingered on her face, searching for any telltale signs of distress. "You sure?" He pressed gently, prompting a sudden outburst from Beck, "Seriously, I'm fine! Let's just go." She exclaimed, her voice laced with disdain. Dustin nodded unwillingly, and together, they pedaled away from his house.

After a few minutes of riding in silence, Beck managed to compose herself. Turning slightly towards Dustin, she posed a question, "You really think he's gonna go along with this?" She asked, referring to Mike, since during her and Dustin's phone call they had decided Mike needed to be the one to shake hands with Lucas; since he pushed first, it was the rule of law in their party.