Hands around his neck.

[Disclaimer: Mildly written sex scene?]

"Matilda pumpkin, you know I'm busy so why did you follow me here?" Socorro who was busy thinking, was having a hard time concentrating, Especially when Matilda decided to hold her hand as they walked together inside the ballroom.

The king's assistant just came back from his Majesty's room after finishing the Eyeliner task.

But upon leaving, The assistant met A certain joyful Orange haired big girl roaming the hallways while humming to herself.

The two women decided to accompany each other to the ballroom, and as they walked inside hand in hand, every servant turned around to look at them while whispering.

"Oh my! are they together?!"

"But like they don't have anything in common?"

"Right?!"

"I heard Lady Matilda has always
been crushing on Miss Belmonte!"

"Oh! I heard that too!"

Hearing Those whispers, "Maybe we shouldn't hold hands." An irritated Socorro said, "is it wrong to hold my Mate's hand, Coconut?" Matilda replied beaming with happiness.

"No, it isn't wrong pumpkin but public display of affection on the job is." Socorro replied.

"Coconut ~ we're just holding hands! everyone holds hands even kids...I wish I can do more though, but I'll be patient because I care about you." Matilda said winking.

Blushing, the king's assistant can feel the Messenger's happiness within her as well, perks of being mates, it forced Socorro to smile but she did her best to hide it.

"You're making me feel these unnecessary feelings Matilda, is there something that's making you extra happy today?" Socorro asked.

"Ned found a mate too! isn't that cool?" Matilda replied.

"What! the doctor too? he just literally got here?!"

"And guess who the Lucky man?"

"Who?" Socorro asked, " It's Garrick!" Matilda replied.

"Darn it! I should have betted on that too!...how did I not see it coming! the chemistry was undeniably undeniable!"

"Coconut dear, you can't predict how everything goes in life, it's full of surprises! so stop making plans for everything...it will only stress you out."

Rolling her eyes at her mate "The surprise here is that you left your best friend in heat by himself, I thought you said you're guarding the doctor today?" Socorro said.

"He's not completely alone, Ned's with Garrick right now, that's how I found out they're mates. " Matilda replied making Socorro turn her head real quick.

"Excuse me?! you left who with who?!"

"Ned ...with Garrick?"

Socorro facepalmed herself, "Didn't you say he's a virgin...did you really think this through pumpkin?

Judging by the circumstances, is this really how they should have their first time together? being mates doesn't justify everything being done in a rush, or without Careful planning!"

"Hey! it's not my fault! it was Ned's idea I swear!...kind of...

I mean he's the one at the end who kicked me out asked Garrick to stay instead! I don't decide for him, I'm not his dad." Matilda replied.

"But you act like one... let's just hope nothing bad happens from this.

Anyways, strange question to ask but, have you seen Aroon around? it's awfully peaceful, so he must be up to something." Socorro said.