The End Of A Long Prologue.

"The contract only stated your name, there's only one type of people my job allows me to save in situations like this, and those are those who have their names mentioned in the contract..." The Shadowy Figure spoke, further denying the request the doctor made.

"But you can't just appear out of nowhere and expect me to come with you! if you have such an ability then you can save everyone! please!" Ned begged the Witch multiple times, seeing how everyone around him were already laying on the ground near death.

Aside from Aroon who got beaten to death by Thorn, and was nothing but a body now, most of the others were unconscious or almost dead After inhaling all that thick smoke from the burning fire.

"I said it and I will repeat it again for the last time, Mundane.

Your mate made a contract with me to only save you...so other than that, I must apologize but I can't, or rather I won't do it Mister Ned Valentino.

However for you, You have to come with me, since we're running out of time, in case you haven't noticed, my powers are what's keeping you alive and breathing right now." The witch replied yet again in the same flat tone, she had no emotions on display and it made her cold words sound insulting to Ned.

"Then don't save me *cough*, just take the kids! I'm sure they're still breathing...I'm staying here, I'd rather die than be the only one surviving this." Ned replied cradling Garrick's exhausted body in his embrace.

A moment ago, Ned had accepted his fate seeing no way out of this room and the next, a portal Opened up in the middle of the room with a contract holding witch coming out of it, offering him and only him an escape.

This witch was claiming that Garrick was the one who summoned her via a contract he previously made with her, not long ago.

"I have to apologize but you have no choice in this matter, I complete my contracts almost every time without a fail, my record is not getting stained by you, and I can't allow you to stay here any longer nor to change the contract subject." The witch spoke marching closer to him, " I can't use my powers on anyone else but you, or that would be violation of the rules, it's my job's requirements that I stick to what's been decided for me." she added.

"They are children for FUCKS SAKE!! they had nothing to do with this?!"

"Well it's the end for them, as for you Ned, you have to go a different path, in the end I'm here to do my job not to change their destiny." She added walking towards the doctor.

"No please...don't do that!" Ned bursted into tears as she got closer to him, " I am sorry Ned, I wish I can save everyone but I must follow the rules, I am not allowed to interfere beyond this, your mate has sacrificed so much for this, so please let go of him now."  the witch spoke gently this time while extending her hand.

"Listen to her... Neddie." Garrick who was fighting to stay awake, spoke with tears in his eyes as well, "Garrick! you're awake!" Ned whispered.

Garrick weakly smiled at him, his hand reached out to touch Ned's face, pulling his mate closer for a one final kiss.

"We're mates...dead or Alive...we're going to be together somehow Neddie."

"FUCK IT! I don't...want this! *sobbing* this isn't how it should end, it barely begun to end...what about *hiccup* the house, the family dog and all your dreams Rickie! what about the life growing inside of me, WE MADE THIS TOGETHER." Ned shouted in despair, their story doesn't deserve this kind of ending, he didn't want to let go of a love he has just found and accepted.

"He's gone now Ned, let him go." The witch spoke softly pushing the Knight's lifeless body away from the doctor, "Gone... no no Nononono! Garrick please talk to me look at me! PLEASE!" Ned screamed trying to reach him again.