[43] East Sydney

Luke

It became silent after all the yelling and I was clueless on what had happened or was happening. I still laid there, waiting for Emily to come back but she never did.

It seemed to me that their family had to talk and I didn't want to intrude so I left. I didn't see Emily come up, but all I heard was the slam of a door and I knew something was up.

I walked out the bedroom door, and down the stairs. I poked my head from behind the wall to see Emily's mom and Jason still talking but Emily was nowhere to be seen.

"Jason, I got it all wrong and I let my daughter get away! What kind of mother am I?" Ms. Ramon seemed upset and I didn't know why. Something must've happened between them, that explained why Emily was nowhere to be seen.

"It was an honest mistake, Tara, she'll come home eventually." Jason reassured her but it wasn't enough.

"What if she doesn't? Where could she have gone?" She panicked, flailing her arms in the air, "I don't even know my daughter well enough to know where she could have gone! I'm a terrible mother..."

"Tara it's okay-" Jason put his hand on Ms. Rowan's shoulder but she shook it off.

"Jason. I have to go find my daughter. I'll be back in a few." She kissed him on the cheek as she took her keys and closed the door behind her.

Jason sat there reading a piece of paper, while pulling his fingers through his hair in distress.

I knew it was my cue to do something. Emily needed someone and after all of what happened, she needed a superhero.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but where's Emily?" I asked, into the room full of silence.

Jason faced me and looked at me with grief. "Good Luke you're here." He said, putting down the letter, "She ran off and Tara went to look for her."

Where has she gone? Was she okay? What the fuck happened 10 minutes ago?

"What do you mean she's gone?!" I yelled frustrated.

"Look Luke, I know you're upset. We have to go find her because I think that you know her best." He said, standing up and walking over to the hooks by the door. He took the keys and looked back towards me.

"What happened?" I asked, still confused as to what was happening.

"You see, Luke." he started walking over to the table and picked up a white envelope and pulled out a piece of paper.

"Tara got a promotion, great right? Now we're able to buy a house together, as a family." He said, with happiness in his voice.

I was happy for them too. They had been down in the slumps for a while now, and it was great to see them back on their feet again. Especially now that Emily had Jason, they would all be one big, happy family.

Not that it wasn't great that Emily got to stay at my place, but it brought us together more. I'm grateful for that.

"That's great but I don't see the problem." I said, questionably and he pointed to a specific part of the letter.

"She was so excited about the news that she misread the place where she got the promotion." He explained, "Her work now is in West Sydney. Her transfer is in East Sydney. She must've read it around and told her it was in England."

Wow. She misread that bad.

"Emily stormed off. She didn't want to leave here. She didn't want to leave you." He explained, "Tara didn't realize until now."