The First Flowers - Chapter 4/Class Representatives

"Hannah, Christine, Good morning..." Kate entered the classroom with her bunny backpack at her back while yawning.

"Hmm? Did you sleep late at night again? How many times have you did that already for the past weeks?" Hannah worriedly asked Kate, who had just sat down in her chair.

"I'm very sure she's watching that T.V. Series again until midnight. Hannah, I'll go out first and call her mother to confiscate her phone before she sleeps." Christine walks outside with her phone in hand when Kate hurriedly grasps Christine's hand with pleading in her eyes.

"Hey! Hey! Christine... Don't tell my mother... Watching that T.V Series is my life! I promise! I won't do it again!!" pleaded Kate, who was avoiding Christine's stern look.

"Haa... Kate, Let me tell you, sleeping late at night is bad for your body, you know? Look how deep your eyes are already because you're lacking a lot of sleep." Hannah sighed at how poor Kate managed her time to sleep.

"But... But..." Kate wanted to say something but was interrupted by Teacher Joel, who entered the classroom.

"Good Morning Students, Let's start class." Said Teacher Joel, who had just entered the classroom.

The students of First Class-Second Year who are busy talking and doing different things quietly go back to each other's desks to get ready for the class.

The students quietly waited for Teacher Joel to start the class when they realized that he was just watching and observing them and it made the whole class confused.

Watching the students quietly watching him and probing why he didn't start the class, Teacher Joel let out a small laugh and announced today's class agenda.

"Haha... Confused why I'm just standing here and didn't start the class? Well, I'm observing all of you because I'm searching for two candidates." Explained by Teacher Joel to his students.

The whole class became much more confused because of their teacher's explanation. Some students couldn't stop themselves and raised their right hand to ask Teacher Joel.

"Teacher Joel, What do you mean by "Two Candidates"?" Asked by Daniel.

"I think you guys already know that our Academy has a Student Council. Am I right? Well, each class needs to have two representatives that will be part of this Council. This is today's agenda and I want two of you to be our Class Representatives." Patiently explained and advised by Teacher Joel to his students.

Listening to their teacher, the students started to talk to themselves, debating who must be their class representative.

"Class representative? I don't want to become one."

"What do you guys think? Who's appropriate to become one?"

"I think Daniel is the most appropriate for this position. He's mature and easy-going, you know?"

"Christine for me. She's perfect to be our class representative because she's hardworking."

"Kate for me!! Because she's my crush!"

"Huh! Hannah is much more suitable to be the class representative!! She's gentle, lovely, and friendly."

"For me..."

The whole class became noisy because of the debates and Teacher Joel, who was quietly listening to his students, was clapping his hands to gather back the attention of the class.

"Clap... Clap... Clap... Alright, stop talking. Who wants to volunteer to become our class representative? If there's none, I'll personally pick two of you who I think appropriate for this position." " Asked by Teacher Joel.