Chapter Fourteen

"I-I'm fine." I lie.

Amy knows I'm lying and she takes my hand, "Karma. I think you forget I'm your best friend, and that you're a terrible liar." She laughs at the end.

"I'm still trying to process the whole 'I almost got arrested' thing. It's fine."

"Well, we're here ... but I didn't think this through."

"What do you mean?"

"We skipped school. My mom isn't gonna think the cops showed up at our school and we had to leave."

"She's not gonna be there though. Is she?" Amy looks at me the ways she always does when I guess something I shouldn't know. "Okay ... That's not too important. As long as we can get past her." Amy tries to hide her car from sight. Once she parks, she and I leave the car. At some point, she and I start looking for Farrah, Amy sees her in the kitchen. To avoid her, we sneak in through the living room window, and try to scurry to the stairs. When we're close, Farrah turns around and heads back to the living room. We scamper back around the stairs. Now, Farrah is able to see the staircase, which means we can't go up it, but that's the only way. We're just gonna take the risk. Amy walks in front of me, and starts up the stairs quietly. She gets all the way up without her mom seeing. I'm left to follow. I start to step up I'm taking light and slow steps but Farrah still sees me sneaking up and asks, "Karma? What are you doing here?" I look up to Amy and she's got this look of "oh shit" on her face.

I turn back to Farrah, "Um ... I just got kicked out of my house and Amy said I could stay here."

"Your parents kicked you out? I thought they were open to-"

I cut her off, "My parents didn't kick me out. The cops did." A tear escapes my left eye.

"Karma, do you wanna talk about it? I could-"

"No, thanks. I'll just go upstairs."

"Karma, before you go up there. Did Amy come with you?" When she says this Amy walks back down to my level and waves.

Farrah says, "Have fun. Not too much though."

"Gosh darn it, mom." Amy swings her arm, and says this with a sarcastic tone.

I look at Amy and whisper, "Not the time, Amy." She looks away and starts walking to her room. I follow her, and lay down on the bed. I lay in the center of the bed, and Amy shuts the door and sits on my lap. I'm not exactly in the mood but I go along with her.

"I'm not happy about the situation with your parents but at least we get to be together." Amy says trying to make me feel better.
"We have to go visit them."
"Karms, that would just be getting their hopes up because there's no way we could pay their bail."
"I know one way."
"Karma. No. We are not going to Liam for this."
"But he still loves me which is at our advantage."
"But-"
"No buts just this one." I grab Amy's butt.
"Look don't touch."
"What are you? A stripper."
"Bitch I might be."
"I'm expecting the V.I.P. experience." She starts to get closer as I say this.
She gets to my ear and whispers, "That's only for paying customers."
I push her back and start laughing, "Way to ruin the mood, Buttface."
She kisses my cheek and says, "Whatever. Your gonna be here for awhile, so get used to it." She kisses me on the lips, and we start rolling around. I end up getting pinned to the bed, while Amy holds me down still kissing me.This may sound stupid, but I don't know how to have sex. I'm still a virgin. I feel like Amy hasn't had sex with a girl before, just assuming. This is gonna be super awkward. Should I say something? I'm gonna say something.
"Amy."
"Oh come on, you're gonna be a clitoris prohibitus, again?"
"No ... I'm still a virgin, Amy. I don't know how to do this."
"You don't have to know, you just gotta do it." I start looking doubtfully. "Karma, I won't force you to do this. She eases her grip on me.
I wait a moment before choosing, "Aims, as much as I'd like to do this, your mom is like right there."
"I get it." Amy releases me and rolls over to the other side of the bed.
I roll over and put my arm around her, "Amy, I swear we'll do this the next chance we get."

We both hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I check my phone, and it's around the time we'd get out of school. It's probably Lauren. Before we know it, she's walked into the room and she's about to start asking more questions than at the interview. "What the fuck happened at school?"

"What?" Amy asks.

"You two caused a scene then left. What the fuck?"

"We were working through some stuff."

"Well please tell me she's not staying tonight, I don't think I can take another night of you two at the same time."

I turn to Amy, "Should we tell her?"

"Tell me what?"

"Karma's going to be living with us for awhile."

"Are you fucking kidding me? She's already here every weekend." Lauren starts doing little grunts of angriness. "Well, how long is she gonna be here?"

"We don't know," Amy stands up and walks to Lauren in the doorway. "It's just gonna take some time, so get used to it." She says with a strong tone. Lauren walks away angrily, and Amy shuts the door behind her. She walks over to the bed and lays sideways on the bed halfway on top of me."I love being an asshole." I have no idea how to answer, and kinda just lay there submissively, while stroking just above her butt.

To Be Continued ...