22. Say Goodbye Hollywood

Aisha's P.O.V.

The past month went by in a blur.

Things were getting really crazy.

My management team really decided that bad publicity is the best publicity and they have been, much to my chagrin, constantly getting the media to bring up the rumor that powerful members of a Cuban Mafia Cartel are after Aisha Knight for whatever reason.

Marshall hated this, I did too.

But the whole media circle quickly took on a life of it's own, and for what it's worth, people were buying up my new album like crazy. Even if there weren't any songs on it about the current situation I've found myself in, for what it's worth, for the first time in years, people are no longer just seeing me as Suge Knight's daughter or Eminem's wife. But just Aisha Knight instead. A girl that's in danger.

And it kind of hurts, honestly. I always wanted to be known for my talent and love for singing, not for something like this...

But as Marshall sometimes says, it is what it is.

Today I have a performance to do at Madison Square Garden. Marshall was supposed to fly out with me initially, but he's got some things to tidy up at the studio, so he will have to stay here in Detroit. It's okay though, because it's going to be in and out for me. I'll do the show and then fly right back.

Still, Marshall doesn't like it. He hates letting me out of his sight these days, he's always so paranoid about something happening to me, but hey, I'm going to be traveling with tons of security. Oh so I keep telling myself, because honestly? Ever since that day I was cornered by those two guys, The Morales Brothers and my bodyguard was killed by one of them, I find myself scared to leave the house.

Yet, I can't keep leaving in fear and let it interfere with my life. So, I force myself to act as though nothing fazes me. I'm no longer the Aisha that used to be scared of her own shadow. I'm much stronger now, or so I like to think.

"Mommy, look, daddy's on TV again!!" Sienna happily announces. I swear that little girl has a talent for scouting which channel they would show something her father related and always find it.

I look up from my plate, having quick breakfast with my daughter before I have to rush to get in the limo and get driven to the airport for my flight.

It's the rerun of that interview Marshall did together with Curtis Jackson, aka 50 Cent, on BET the other day.