Lap 1: The right headspace

Alright, alright, fine. The fast man, the kid, whatever you want to call him. Me? I think he's a prick, but that's just me, anyway...

Y/N L/N was a boy born in Zaun, raised by a mechanic of a father, until he passed away via Zaunite causes, same with his mother. 

Yeah, Y/N didn't have a good life, since his family conveniently ended by the time he was an adult. 

Literally, after he finished high school, it all went to shit, but at least he had a job and a place to live. 

Only thing he ever put his life into after that was his cars.

At one point, he could've been the best street racer that the underground has ever seen, that is until his friends saw him turn to the dark side.

Dark side? Ah, picking hoes over bros, that's what some people say, right?

Sorry if I'm a little out of touch, I'm just the narrator.

This story with Y/N started in Zaun, Y/N worked and barely made ends meet at The Last Drop. Any money he made went straight into his car, his car? Oh, he had many, but we all had to start somewhere...

You thought this was about his racing, though? No... this is a love story.

Y/N POV

I kick my door down like an action hero, fuck it's good to be home...

I toss my nametag on the crummy counter, forgetting about it.

I head down to my garage out of my beat-up shithole.

A faint Found a Job by Talking Heads could be heard as I unlock my garage door.

I roll up the door, and there... she... is... my pride and joy.

Y/N: Hello beautiful...

I turn the radio off, must've left it on when I was working on it last night. 

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX G... S... R... I know this baby inside and out... and I take care of her well.

The crispy red paint job on the outside, with a little white in there to honor the gods who gave it to me for good measure.

The red with white jagged stripes combine to honor its heritage.

4G63 engine, tuned the way I demand it.

Racing flywheel, tuned six-speed, speed limiter shut the fuck off, so that I can go my pace...

Fast as shit, sexy speeds, sexy sounds...

I see it every day, but I finally got the piece that will help me the most.

Replacement shift knob that I pulled out of my pocket.

Empty spot for a new one.

I screw it in, perfect.

It's done, that's literally all I needed, and it was such a pain in the ass to find.

The car meets already started, it's time to kick gum and chew ass.

I hop in the car, putting my Mitsubishi key to work.

*HIGH PITCHED REVVING! STEADY RUMBLE!*

The purr, I miss it every day.

I rip out of my garage, hitting the switch and closing it behind me.

*NYOOOM! BRRRRR! POP! POP! POP!*

I pull out of the Zaunite neighborhood, shitting on all the old people telling me to slow down.