Lap 33: Take that! Objection!

KAYN POV

Ladies and gentlemen, this is going to be a pushover. 

I push through the double doors, joining the security, the shitty city appointed lawyer that had to protect his company, and oh... the judge. 

Judge: Kayn, happy you could join us! 

Kayn: Oh, how it feels to be working for the good side once again! 

Lawyer- actually... I'll call him Mr. Douche, because he sure acted like one before I even met him. 

Trying to suck up to the judge, I saw that. 

This is your end, because you're defending a lawsuit in the modern era... good luck...

Judge: Present your opening statement...

Kayn: Well, my client, Mr. Y/N is filing a lawsuit, we know that much. You know that he is in a relationship with one Ahri, the queen of the famous K-pop idol group known as the K/DA. The evidence is there, so you are probably thinking...

Her ears perk up, I got her. 

Kayn: How could this be a proper lawsuit? This is a simple... heated, cheating, ridiculous relationship matter. But... there is more than what meets the eye... 

She tilts her head, now genuinely curious. 

Kayn: My client, is a Zaunite, Zaunites and Piltovians go way back, having complicated, convoluted history amongst themselves. However, it seems as if Jayce has forgotten the act of Farros v. Medarda, where, in summary, it states that Zaunites and Piltovians, regardless of how they cross paths... their conflicts... must be given equal opportunity, and thus translating to equal treatment. 

She smirks, tilted her head the other way. 

Douche: OBJECTION!!!

Judge: Silence! 

The security stands right next to him. 

Kayn: My client, Y/N, demands fair compensation for he has been mistreated, and if this word were to reach public ears, Medarda... will... be... furious... BUT!!! I'm afraid that's not the only issue we are facing. 

Douche: He went over the- 

Judge: ONE MORE!!! Pip... out of you... and you will be held in contempt of court. Shieda, continue. 

Kayn: I have evidence, strong, cold, hard evidence that may suggest this form of hate crime, along with... conversations that scream sexual assault or the intent to harm, one Ahri, one Evelynn, and one Kai'Sa of the K/DA... and now, that they are off alone, no longer in the public eye as of right now, we may have a proper problem...

Judge: Alright, Douche, your statement. 

Holy shit is name is actually Douche... don't laugh... don't... laugh...

Douche: In the eyes of the defendant, he's only doing his job. A job that requires him and a security team to manage the girl's concerts and possible leads for their business. Now... Jayce is well aware of the rights of... Farros v. Medarda, and does treat everyone with respect amongst his company and outside of it. 

If he was, then we wouldn't be here. 

Actually, we still would be for those horrible chats we have about his obsession with these girls. 

I tune back in for the end of his statement. 

Douche: In terms of the evidence, conversations between the prosecutor's attorney and Jayce should NOT be substantial evidence that he would ever suggest something related to the assault or intent of assault.