Ready or Not

Rachel pulled into the driveway and got Sam out of his Car-Seat. As she did wiped a little bit of ice-cream away from his mouth. Sam blushed a little, as they both got to the door Sam noticed a package sitting on the steps and asked Rachel what it was. Rachel said it was a surprise and he would find out after he took his nap. Sam flustered said that he was big enough not to need a nap. Even though everything that has happened so far pointed to the contrary. Rachel told him soft, but sternly that big boys listen to grown-ups and follow the rules, so if he wanted her to treat him like a big-boy than he would have to take a nap. Sam knew he didn't have any cards and reluctantly agreed to go with her, so she could change him for a nap. 

As they were walking up the stairs towards Sam's room Rachel in a very motherly, but serious tone told him that, she knew he was still getting settled in and everything and didn't want him to think he was in any kind of trouble, but that after his nap she and Sara needed to have a talk with him about what the rules of the house and everything that was expected of him. Rachel saw Sam nervously looking down at his feet and instantly reiterated that he wasn't in trouble and it was just things to make him feel more comfortable. Sam hearing this perked up as they entered his room. 

Thats when that sinking feeling came rushing back as she helped him up onto the changing table. He was feeling this way because as she was starting to undress him, he realized he couldn't tell for sure if his pull-ups were going to be wet or dry. Sam had never felt more defeated and confused, being as he knew he had accidents here and their and still was wet at night, but now he wasn't confident at all in himself being big enough for potty-training at all. He braced for the moment of fate when she got his shorts down. 

Sam blushed and held in his tears as the evidence was obvious. The pictures on the front were long faded and even though he wasnt soaked. He had still wet his Pull-Ups enough for it to be declared an accident and he had no clue it had even happened. Rachel saw Sams face and was confused at first because she didn't even think twice when she saw that his pull-ups were wet. She honestly at this point would have found it great, but strange if he were to be dry. She picked up on it and immediately went into mommy mode cooing. "Oh sweetheart don't be upset I wasn't expecting you to be dry! It has been a really long day and we haven't had much time to make any potty breaks or anything, so please cheer up." 

Sam did feel better, but also worse at the same time. She even reconfirmed that she wasn't expecting him to be dry which made the thoughts start spinning in his head when she spoke up again. "Don't worry I have something that is going to be great for you and is a little more appropriate for where you are in the training stage, but don't worry you will be in grown up undies in no time ok?" Sam feeling that maternal warmth mixed with embarrassment just nodded his head as she tore away the sides of his wet pull-up. He didn't even try and put up a fight, when after she was done wiping him grabbed his ankles and slide the Pamper underneath him and pulled and tapped it shut. Rachel put him into his dinasor footie PJs and laid him down for a nap. Which at this point Sam knew he could use one. He had a lot to think about especially for the situation down after his nap what he was going to say if anything at all. Rachel said she would be up in an hour to wake him up and then the 3 of them could visit l, but to try and not worry and get some sleep. Sam went to sleep quicker than he intisapated as Rachel looked back at him lovingly before turning off the lights.