Part 2

I change from my sodden night clothes-a largeish shirt that covers my torso to halfway above my knees-into a jet black crop top and dark blue jean shorts. I'm usually refrained with my outfits in London, but it's comfortable and this is NOT the weather for sweaters and leggings. I try on my slightly worn star-patterned flip-flops and trudge to the kitchen. It has a sizable pantry, but the cupboards are enough space to store groceries and we've set it up as a rapier practice room. Just because we're on vacation doesn't mean we'll allow ourselves to grow rusty.

  I begin weaving complex patterns in the air with my rapier. George set up a fog machine that spewed out random bursts of white steam. He found it broken on the side of the road, presumably trashed by it's previous owners because of its unreliable patterns of fog, but it was perfect for our purposes. The iron tip of my sword slashes through the haze, curls of white, ectoplasm-like gas dissipating into the air. 

  I'm so focused that I don't hear or notice Lockwood sneaking up behind me. Mid-blow, he picks me up, earning a startled cry from me as I thrash around trying to escape. He laughs and sets me down again. I swat him and unleash a few threats. "Calm down, Luce." he chuckles. "WHY WOULD I?!" I roar. "YOU SCARED THE LIVING HECK OUT OF ME!!!!" "That's saying something." George mumbled. "When you're mad you're basically a tornado itself." I glare at him. "He isn't wrong, Croco-Lyle." Lockwood mutters behind me. I whirl around. "Oh my gosh, you two are childish." George snorted. 

 "Croco-Lyle?" I narrow my eyes. "CROCO-LYLE?!!" I start chasing him around the room. His tall form struggles to keep from bumping into everything. I tackle him to the ground and pin him there. George runs over to tear me off of him. Lockwood laughs and scrambles up. "Too bad, Croco-Lyle!" he teases. 

  And that is how Lockwood got himself locked outside for a full ten minutes before George finally won and unlocked the door.