Part 10

Hello everyone!! I'm still at a hotel unfortunately, and breakfast is about to end and MOM IS STILL IN BED so I'm starving to death, so PLEASE NOTE I'm DEPRIVED of BACON and COFFEE RIGHT NOW so this chapter might be a little short. 

  Update: Mom finally got out of bed so I got breakfast and I'm fixing it up, and also lengthening it. ENJOY WONDERFUL PEOPLES!!!!!!

  (Starflight: Again, what is a peoples?) if you understand this statement you are my best friend.

  PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU ENJOY!!!

  Edit: SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!! I'm going to an all-day summer camp so I have to wake up at 6, but I'll be sure to try to update at least once every two days. AT LEAST. Love y'all!!!

  Lucy P.O.V

  I slowly stirred awake, rubbing my eyes and stretching from my position on the couch. A little 'oof' came from across the couch. Lockwood cracked open an eye and slowly pushed himself up. He winced as he rolled his shoulders. "My back hurts even worse than when Skull made me trip down those stairs. This is possibly the worst sleep I've ever had."

  I poked him hard as I slowly got up. "What the-" "Naughty, Croco-Lyle." I glare at him out of the corner of my eye as I assess the room. Flo is stretched over an armchair, George and Mary leaning against the side, game controllers in hand, still awake and avidly playing. Holly is neatly perched on the edge of the coffee table, fresh and awake, but the same can't be said of Quill, who's barely stirring from the other sofa that both he and Norrie are occupying, in about the same position Lockwood and I were in, one person sprawled across each half. 

  Norrie opens her eyes and curses as she stretches. "Bloody hell, I feel sorer than even after I woke up from my coma." She carefully swung her legs over the side of the couch, avoiding Kipps. "Better not wake him, or he'll start his yammerin'." Flo's voice, strong as ever, commented from across the room. George, still sleepy-eyed, tottered about and began his preparations of breakfast while Holly put on the kettle and began to gather an assortment of tea bags and coffee powder tins. 

  "Wow Hol, how d'you know where everything is?" I ask. She smiles, but her eyes are tired. "I woke a few hours before you did and took the time to familiarize myself with the place, and I made everyone's sleeping areas. Figured you'd want to take a nap later." She pointed at the unused bulletin board in the hallway. It was now covered with a map of our sleeping arrangements, a list of the AirBnB rules we'd shoved into a corner somewhere, pictures of our vacation photos we'd just randomly thrown onto the kitchen counter and a few neat, blank notecards. "I also deep-cleaned your room, George. Nice work, by the way."

  We were all too tired to be surprised. And honestly, we couldn't even muster anything. Holly was Holly. None of us doubted her about anything anymore.

  I stumble up to my room (now Norrie and Holly's room as well) and took a quick shower before I dry off and change into a tank top and shorts, then throw on Lockwood's hoodie I wore last night, then dab a hint of sunscreen onto my exposed face. My previously pale-biscuit complexion has become a slightly caramel-ish, not really darker but with a healthy glow that, unlike Holly's, comes from sun exposure instead of a perfect diet.

  I bound down the hallway, excited to greet the day with all of my friends at my side, before clumsily tripping over the door frame and of course, I had to fall into the one person that HAD to heroically catch me. Lockwood. I caught the smallest whiff of vanilla and lavender before straightening up again, slightly embarrassed. My hair is slightly damp, even after a furious 5-minute session with the hair-dryer and brush, leaving a tiny wet splotch on his arm. "Sorry." I smile slightly. I'm still