Part 16

SUPER MEGA FRAGILISTIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

 Authors Note:

  I really missed all of you guys!! @FrustratedFerret7, @Bobsyouruncle04  for your amazing comments and support! I was going through a really stressful time of my life and on top of that I had to leave and go to an area with no internet for a while, and I'm SO SO SO sorry for not updating for so long. 

  BTW get ready for some angst, reappearance of a cute villain (At least to the Locklyle ship) and tooth-rotting fluff, as a reward for all y'alls out there!!!!

  THIS IS!!!! ShadowDancerFangirl SIGNING OUT!!!! (I changed my username)

  Lucy P.O.V

  It was evening, specifically, the day before Flo, Mary and Holly were due to fly back to London. Quill, Norrie, George, Lockwood and I would fly back about a week later. As a little parting event, Flo, Mary, George, Norrie, Quill and Holly were playing card games. I happily noticed Flo and George, Norrie and Quill and Mary and Holly were getting closer. So was Lockwood and I. I feel like we sort of smoothed over issues, or at least that was hard to feel especially since I was curled up against his side. 

  He leans his head on the top of mine affectionately and we both watch the kinda-sorta couples argue over a Monopoly board. At this point, Flo and George are going all for it, unsurprisingly, Mary and Holly are cuddled close like me and Lockwood and Norrie and Quill are acting like archenemies, but then again, I can tell by Quill's body language and Norrie's slight smile that they are getting comfier by the moment. 

  3rd Person

  "Should we join?" Lucy whispers. Lockwood inclines his head slightly. "No, too chaotic for me." "Unlike me?" Lucy teases. "No, you're just right. Just reckless enough." Lockwood echoes her words. "Hey, I'm chaotic! If you're denying it, that's almost an insult!" "Oh my, I'd never try to do that sort of thing." he murmurs, leaning down towards her. 

  Lucy's eyes flick up. Their faces are only inches away, noses almost touching. "But this sort of thing, I'm fine with." Lockwood leans forward ever so slightly...

  And George gets catapulted away from the Monopoly board, landing on both of his friends. "I'm sorry Flo!! I didn't mean to!" he shrieks. "Don't you DARE joke about it again!" she shouts back. 

  "Oof!" Lockwood grunts, trying to disguise his heart falling into his stomach by light-hearted humor. "George, as much as we appreciate having a blanket, please do get off."

  George, blushing bright red, gets off and quickly scrambles away from his two now mortally embarrassed friends. Lockwood sighs. "Never a moment of peace or quiet." he jokes half-heartedly. Lucy laughs slightly, but the tension is palpable. 

  Just then, the doorbell rings.

  Lucy P.O.V

  "Well, I'll get it." I say, sliding off the couch and away from the tension. It's probably the order Lockwood placed online. My cheeks are still slightly tinged with pink. I'm wearing a baggy Rolling Stones tee with little bleach stains and a torn and almost inappropriately low neckline and shorts, but the delivery man won't care. I swing the door open, one hand over my mouth as I let out a yawn. 

  Instead of a package waiting at the front door or even a bored delivery driver, I find a certain sandy blonde, tanned and freckled boy with the iciest blue eyes I've ever seen waiting at the door. I stop mid-yawn. 

  Danny is decked out in a black jacket over a faded Yankee's tee and jeans. Just then, another shriek comes from the Monopoly board. "What are you scrabbling around on the floor for?" Flo yells. George, who clearly can't hear her over the din, shouts back: "We're playing Monopoly, not Scrabble Flo!" 

  Danny coughs a little, and my attention snaps back to him. Oh my god. "Soooo, what're you doing here?" I ask. "You invited me over? On the phone?" 

  Ohh, yay! Of course my stupid ass had to go ahead and get awkwardly sandwiched between two very different selections from the male side of the human race. Who, of course, LOVED doing everything along the lines of avoiding each other, so far as I could tell. 

  Great.