Part 11

Brief Interlude from da Author

  So. Hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Thank you so much for rea-WHO AM I KIDDING I'M LITERALLY DYING!!!!!!!

  Update: So sorry I haven't updated for a while!! My fish has dropsy, I have TWO SUMMER COURSES from 6 am to 11 pm (the second one is at home) and I have to somehow arrange my schedule so I have time to transport the kitty I arranged for my friend to her. BUT PLEASE ENJOY THIS FRESH PART!!

  THANK YOU SO MUCH AMAZING PEOPLES!!!!!!!

Lucy P.O.V

  I just need some fresh air! With a small, shaky laugh that was the opposite of convincing, I run back upstairs, luckily not running into Lockwood and throw on a swimsuit. "Hol, want to go for a swim?" I call. She appears, already decked out in her own little swimsuit. "Already ready." she grins.

  We trek down to the beach, our feet leaving imprints in the wet sand. Holly goes a little farther upshore to find a dry spot for her beach bag, while I fling mine into the sand and run into the water. It's warm, probably because it's the Gulf of Mexico. 

  I swim around in the shallow area for a while, gazing out at the ocean as tiny waves lap at my waist. I start hunting for seashells and see a patch further out at sea, where the water is around my chest. Occasionally, I find pieces of trash buried in the sand, but I also find some pretty cute seashells I can make necklaces with. 

 Suddenly, I see a plastic bag slowly drifting towards me through the water. I frown and reach out for it, deciding to pick it up and throw it in a trash can somewhere. My arm slowly drifts through the water towards it. The water is too murky to make out what exactly happened, but suddenly jets of burning pain shoot through my arm. I shriek and flounder back through the water, my entire arm alight with invisible fire. "HOLLY!" I scream out, trying to make my way back to shore. 

  The water seems to slow me down, the possibility of whatever stung me still drifting through the murky depths, and I manage to make it in about a minute. Black spots dance in my vision, and my last memory is Holly crying out my name, me crawling onto the seashore, and then everything goes dark.