metkayina

chapter 10

present day (na'teya pov)

i finished packing my things, handing out the jewelry and clothes i didn't need to the children of the omaticaya clan. later, at the meeting spot where we were to witness jake's 'death' and his passing on the olo'eyktan role, a somber mood enveloped everyone, especially the sully family. after the ceremony, we all returned to our daily duties, and the sully family and i made our way to where our ikran were waiting for us.

"na'teya, would you like to ride zuri with us, or leave her in the forest?" jake asked.

i hadn't given much thought to zuri before, which felt selfish now. but considering her home and the love she had for this place, it didn't seem right to take her away.

"i would like to leave her in the forest. she loves it here," i said, bidding my goodbyes to zuri.

jake nodded. "choose one of the boys to ride with."

"wait, i can't ride with kiri?"

"no, sorry, her ikran is aggressive with anyone besides kiri, you would get hurt on her ikran," jake replied.

i glanced at lo'ak and neteyam. there was no way i was riding with lo'ak, so i walked toward neteyam with a smile. he smiled back. "should i sit in front or behind you?.

"if you want to sleep on the ride, you should sit in front of me, and i will hold onto you. but if you want to look at the views during the ride, you can sit behind and hold onto me," neteyam suggested.

"i think i'll sit in front of you because i need my beauty sleep," i teased.

lo'ak scoffed. "no amount of beauty sleep can fix that," he said, scanning me up and down.i just hissed at him and climbed onto neteyam's ikran, as i was climbing on i slipped and my ass collided directly into neteyam's crotch. neteyam didn't seem to mind and wrapped an arm around my waist, guiding his ikran off the cliff, following his father.

little did neteyam and i know, there was a very jealous lo'ak staring directly at us.

we had been flying for what felt like days, although we were only halfway there. i was almost asleep on neteyam's chest when i heard an annoying, squeaky voice.

"bro, why are you guys all cuddled up?" lo'ak asked.

"why does it matter?" neteyam replied.

"it's just weird," lo'ak responded.

"not really, we're just really close," neteyam declared.

"yeah, whatever. she's a slut," lo'ak hissed.

"what did you call her?" neteyam said, his voice sharp.

"a slut. did you not see how many guys she was getting with in the first week she got here?" lo'ak retorted.

"there were only two guys, mar'ue and malu. mar'ue was just her friend, and malu tried to have sex with her. she said no, so he hit her. that's where the mark on her face came from. but obviously, you wouldn't know that because you only listen to what everyone else says instead of talking to her," neteyam spoke with authority.

"of course, it's my fault, like always. i tried talking to her, but she was just a bitch to me," lo'ak whined.

"did you ask her why she didn't like you?" neteyam retorted.

"yes, and she told me it was my fault her parents were dead," lo'ak said bitterly.

"and did you ask how it was your fault, or did you just snap and say something unnecessary and mean?" neteyam questioned.