Chapter 38 : The Final Chapter (2-announcement/arguement)

After a month of practices, recording and shooting, seventeen are coming back as ot14.

They had their last practice by singing and performing in the practice room.

"let's take a rest" hoshi said after hours of practicing. Some of them lay down on the floor and some sit their back to the wall. They are so tired after endlessly practice, so they could show the best for carats.

Aera took out her phone from her bag. Aera lay down for a while and feel the need to go to the bathroom. Aera told Dino abt it so they won't worry about her sudden disappearance.

After aera finished in the bathroom, she wash her hand and went out of the bathroom. Then, two staff called for her. "Aera, the CEO wants to meet you" aera asked. "Like right now?" aera asked again. The staff said yes and Aera followed them to the office.

Aera knock on the door of the ceo's room and walk inside the room. There's only two of them inside the room. "How are you, aera?" the ceo asked her well-being after her long hiatus. "I'm doing great, giving all my best for this comeback." aera said.
"I'm looking for it" The ceo smiled.

"Do you know why I called you here?"  The ceo places both his hand on top of his table, holding it together. "No" Aera answered him. "you haven't seen the social media, have you?" The ceo asked her again. Ugh, straight to the point please, aera thought. "I'm not allowed to, for my mental health they said." Aera explained. The ceo nodded. "Well you see, I'm sorry to say this but the netizens are not happy with you joining seventeen back." the ceo said to her and showing the laptop screen to her. Aera could see many comments targeting her and  giving negative comments about her joining seventeen back. Some even tried to do petition for Aera to leave seventeen.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Aera asked the ceo. The ceo put the laptop back to its original position. "leave seventeen." the ceo gave the answer. Aera was in disbelief. After all she had went through. After all the practices she had to tell her just a day before their comeback. "what?"

"this will be your last comeback" The Ceo said to aera. "My last one??" Aera still don't understand. "you could still be a trainee here and prepare to be in a new girl group or be a soloist. Up to you" The ceo said. "What's wrong with me staying in seventeen!?" Aera's breath becomes faster as she is so mad with the CEO. "Can't you see? You're ruining the reputation of seventeen!" both of then start to argue with each other. "so it was all my fault now?" Aera questioned the CEO.

"Whose idea was it to put me on svt 2 years ago? 'The only girl in seventeen that could make a history' , you guys said" Aera mocked the articles once released when Aera first join seventeen. "I never ask any one of you to let me be part of svt. And suddenly, I should pay for what's ruining svt???" Aera asked as she increased her voice.

"you should be grateful we let you to continue your contract with pledis." The Ceo said, trying to control his own temper. "grateful?" Aera laughed with his statement. "Don't be selfish aera, I did-" the ceo wanted to say a word but aera.

"me? Selfish?? look in the mirror! it's you!" Aera snaps at the CEO.
"AERA LISTEN!" the CEO raised his voiced. Aera were surprised by it.
"I did it to protect not just seventeen, but also you! can't you see what happened to you this past few years?"
Aera stayed silent, after recalling back what happened to her.

"Please, if you care about them and yourself.. Please, let it go" the CEO said after both of then had calm down a bit.

"Did they knew about this?" Aera asked the CEO. The ceo shakes his head. The members haven't know about this. "if we tell them, they will fight for you no matter what. In their mind, the group comes before the company." the ceo said. "that's why I talk to you personally.. Make it looks like that you are volunteering yourself to leave svt. I'm sure the others will accept it if you're the one who say it" the CEO said. He wanted to make the whole thing about Aera leaving svt is by her own choice.