CHAPTER 20 ('• ω •')

you look like home, sat all alone ;; I should find someone cheaper to chase

You woke up. It was the most trivial thing but after what happened last night in front of the door?? I don't  think so. You checked your phone and realized there were a few unread messages from last night. a few from your mom and the rest just hutao and yanfei from the gc. 

You opened the one from your mom's and saw a poster with her and the piano in it. "(mom's name) showing next week in multicultural symphony orchestra. Performing Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2"

then there was a message beneath, "heyyy my sweet baby (y/n) 😘😘😘 I'm going to perfrom next week, your brother and your dad will be there and I got two tickets for you, just bring one of your friends if any of them are available" she says as if you're not having an existential crisis right now. 

Shrugging the though away from who you'd invite over so you tried to get up from bed, stretching and standing up. You didn't even know what to say or what to do once you meet scara/kuni/scaramouche/idk. 

You slowly got up from bed and felt the cold floor against your tip toes. you slowly went to your bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. When everything was done, you looked at the clock on your desk, displaying 3 numbers. [6.00 AM] maybe you slept good enough last night to wake up early. You shrug, your throat felt dry so maybe getting a glass of water from the kitchen wouldn't hurt.

So you went outside, and what did you see? scara crying. Because you still don't know how to act around him you just stayed silent, while looking at him. After a few seconds you decided to break the silence "kuni?? are you okay?? oh shit you are actually crying" you walk to him and ask.

"I'm fine.. the dust just went into my eyes" he replied while rubbing his eyes, seemingly puffy enough. You sit next to him to check up on him only for him to let out a lie like that. "well if you say so.." as much as you want to know why he was lying you were afraid if you're overstepping his boundaries so you decided to let it off and continue your way to the kitchen. 

you thought that if he would actually talk about his feelings it would be once in a blue moon, and it's not like he's comfortable to talk about it with you so you shrugged the thought and grabbed the glass of water. You heard him grumble about something but you couldn't quite hear what he was on about. 

☆☆☆

It was the beginnings of december, the year coming to an end. You were on the couch while watching random tv shows with scara next to you, scrolling on his phone. During the holidays you thought it would be the moments where your friends don't text you because they're busy doing their own things.