7

Here are the meanings of the words you listed, along with historical or philosophical examples:

1. Emigrate: To leave one's country or region to settle in another.
   Example: During the Irish Potato Famine in the 19th century, many Irish people emigrated to the United States in search of better opportunities.

2. Emissary: A person sent on a mission or as a representative, often to deliver a message.
   Example: The diplomat acted as an emissary for the government, negotiating peace agreements between warring nations.

3. Empathy: The ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.
   Example: Through empathy, we can put ourselves in someone else's shoes and better comprehend their experiences and emotions.

4. Emulate: To imitate or strive to equal or surpass someone's achievements or qualities.
   Example: Many aspiring musicians try to emulate their musical idols, hoping to achieve similar success and recognition.

5. Encomium: A formal expression of praise or tribute.
   Example: The poet wrote an encomium dedicated to the bravery and sacrifice of the fallen soldiers.

6. Endemic: Native or restricted to a particular place or region.
   Example: Malaria is endemic to certain tropical regions where the climate and conditions support the growth of disease-carrying mosquitoes.

7. Enervate: To weaken or drain of energy, vitality, or strength.
   Example: The constant stress and lack of sleep began to enervate his body and affect his overall health.

8. Engaging: Charming, attractive, or interesting.
   Example: The author's engaging storytelling captivated readers and kept them engrossed in the narrative.

9. Engender: To cause or give rise to a particular feeling, situation, or condition.
   Example: Inequality and injustice can engender feelings of anger and resentment among marginalized communities.

10. Enigma: Something that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.
    Example: The Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile has intrigued art enthusiasts and scholars for centuries.

11. Ennui: A feeling of weariness, dissatisfaction, or boredom.
    Example: The monotonous routine of daily life often leads to feelings of ennui and a desire for change or excitement.

12. Ensconce: To settle or establish oneself comfortably or securely.
    Example: After a long day of hiking, they found a cozy spot to ensconce themselves by the campfire.

13. Enshroud: To cover or envelop completely, often in darkness or mystery.
    Example: The fog enshrouded the old cemetery, creating an eerie atmosphere.

14. Ephemeral: Lasting for only a short period; transitory or fleeting.
    Example: The beauty of cherry blossoms is ephemeral, as the delicate flowers bloom for only a few weeks each spring.

15. Epicene: Having characteristics or traits traditionally associated with both males and females; androgynous.
    Example: The fashion designer showcased a collection of epicene clothing, blurring gender boundaries.

16. Equanimity: Mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in difficult situations.
    Example: Despite facing criticism and setbacks, she maintained her equanimity and approached challenges with a level-headed mindset.

17. Equivocate: To use ambiguous or misleading language in order to deceive or avoid making a clear statement.
    Example: The politician was known for his ability to equivocate and evade direct questions during interviews.

18. Erroneous: Incorrect, mistaken, or based on false information.
    Example: The newspaper published an erroneous report, falsely accusing an innocent person of a crime.

19. Ersatz: Artificial or inferior substitute; not genuine or authentic.
    Example