G

452. Genteel: Refined or polite in manner. Example: The genteel aristocrats of the Victorian era prided themselves on their impeccable manners and social grace.

453. Germane: Relevant or closely related. Example: During the trial, the defense attorney objected to the prosecutor's line of questioning, arguing that it was not germane to the case.

454. Gerrymander: To manipulate the boundaries of an electoral district for political gain. Example: The term "gerrymandering" originated from the name of Elbridge Gerry, a politician who redrew the Massachusetts electoral map in 1812 to favor his party.

456. Gestalt: An organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts. Example: In psychology, the concept of "gestalt" refers to the perception of objects as complete entities rather than individual elements.

Gesticulate: To use gestures or body movements to convey meaning or emphasis. Example: The passionate speaker gesticulated wildly, using hand gestures to emphasize his points.

457. Gird: To prepare or equip oneself for a challenge or task. Example: The soldiers girded themselves for battle, donning their armor and sharpening their weapons.

459. Gouge: To cut or scoop out material, often with force or dishonesty. Example: The unscrupulous contractor gouged the prices on the construction materials, exploiting the situation for personal gain.

469. Grandiloquent: Pompous or extravagant in speech or writing. Example: The grandiloquent politician delivered a lengthy speech filled with flowery language and grandiose promises.

460. Gratuitous: Unnecessary or lacking a justifiable reason. Example: The violent scene in the movie seemed gratuitous, adding nothing to the plot or character development.

461. Gravity: Seriousness or importance. Example: The gravity of the situation became evident when the world leaders convened an emergency summit to address the crisis.

462. Gregarious: Sociable or fond of being in the company of others. Example: He was known for his gregarious nature, always seeking opportunities to socialize and connect with people.

463. Grig: A playful or mischievous person. Example: The young child was a little grig, always finding ways to create laughter and mischief.

464. Grimace: A facial expression that indicates pain, disgust, or disapproval. Example: He couldn't hide his grimace when he tasted the extremely spicy chili.

465. Grovel: To show excessive submission or humility, often out of fear or desperation. Example: The employee groveled before his boss, hoping to avoid being fired.

466. Guile: Cunning or deceitful behavior. Example: The master manipulator used guile and deception to achieve his selfish objectives.

467. Guise: An outward appearance or semblance. Example: The thief entered the party under the guise of a waiter, concealing his true intentions.

468. Gullible: Easily deceived or manipulated. Example: The scam artist preyed on gullible individuals, convincing them to part with their money through elaborate schemes.

469. Halcyon: Calm, peaceful, or prosperous. Example: The halcyon days of her childhood were filled with joyful memories and carefree moments.

470. Halitosis: Bad breath. Example: The dentist diagnosed the patient with halitosis, recommending proper oral hygiene practices to alleviate the problem.