[Chapter 18]

POV Mikey:

I groaned and woke up to darkness, the room lit with the small light that hung lazily above my head, feeling a pressure on my chest and against my side I looked down and smiled, happy to see my two sisters peacefully sleeping. Jennika was resting quietly on top of my chest and Lita pressed into my side, resting her head on top of my shoulder, drool pouring down my arm. I gently lifted Lita off my arm and kept Jennika pressed against my chest, sitting up from the uncomfortable mat that sat underneath us. A foot away, I picked up my phone and entered my password, unlocked my phone, and went to April's contact, asking her if the intruders left my home. It was six in the morning, I knew she would probably be asleep still but it was worth a shot. I slid Jennika and Lita into the sling, scratching small circles into both their shells, resulting in them pressing the bodies closer to mine.

Walking over to my Mom, I checked over her condition, making sure she was still good, even though she wasn't sick every time I checked, I just want to make sure, I'm just...worried. She laid still on the extra mat that was left down here, her head resting on top of a pillow. I pressed my hand against her forehead, it was warm but not too hot, I moved her hair out of the way checking on the scratch beside her eye, the scratch healed over a month ago, but I rather be safe than sorry. It looked fine, but she was starting to smell, letting me know it was time for everyone to bathe again.

I was ready to get out of this basement, I stared at the walls I lazily cleaned free of any cobwebs and trash left behind by the last visitors. During the first week, I came to this farmhouse, and explored the area, the forest, the barn, and the house, during that I found this basement, perfectly hidden away from anyone, the trap door hidden under a large rug, covering all the cracks that would spill out the light from the light below.

I looked down as I heard a ding alerting me of a new notification.

----------------------------------------------

Me: Hey did those guys go back to the farmhouse or are they still here

----------------------06:36----------------------

April⭐: Yeah, they're back and they're yelling at Casey XD

Me: Casey?! What did he do :/

April⭐: The older two walked downstairs to find a very high Casey and Donnie downstairs LOL

Me: LMAO!!! Are you serious?! Casey got someone high!

Me: Without me :(

April⭐: Mikey...you have kids to watch! I ban you from smoking

Me: I know, I stopped smoking over a year ago lol

April⭐: YOU SMOKED?!?!?!

Me: ...

Me: no.

April⭐: Mikey

Me: Fine I did, but I stopped three months after I ran away

April⭐: Oh my god, Mikey

Me: Hey also before I forget

Me: One of them heard our call last night

April⭐: What?! Who?!

Me: IDK?! I dont remember that old family remember?

April⭐: Oh right...

Me: Well be careful

April⭐: You too Mikey

----------------------------------------------

I placed my phone on the railing and pushed the trapdoor, moving the door completely out of the way to see the light that flowed through the windows. I pressed my hands into the bottom of the sling, holding the girls as I slowly walked up the steps, stepping out of the basement, and taking a deep breath of the dust-free air. I turned around and walked toward the stairs, making my way up to the master bedroom, I pushed open the door, and walked toward the crib, gently placing the twins inside closer to each other, wrapping a blanket over the cool bodies.