[Chapter 8]

~One Month Later~

POV Mikey:

'I'm...happy. This life...this home, has made me the happiest I've ever been in my entire life, I get to live the life I always wanted, with siblings that love and adore me, and a mother that guides me through any issue, no matter how difficult the problem is, she'll help me overcome it and become stronger, she even took the time out of her day to teach me how to drive. She taught me how to use my nunchucks probably, fixing the few mistakes I had, and perfecting my technique. A couple of days after my first day of school, I've been perfecting my use of my old weapon, and now I've been practicing with a new weapon, the Kama. My mom has been teaching me stances and ways that will lead to an overall win with the kama. Training with my mom has been the best training I ever received, she doesn't make me feel lesser if I mess up, instead talks about the mistake and how it can be fixed, repeating the move correctly, which makes her proud.

I've grown so much in this home, not just in strength, but in brain power too. Mom doesn't belittle my intelligence, she was the first person who was ever proud of my work...no one else cares to even look, but her... whenever I pass a test, or ace my class, she rewards me, with food, making a big meal, well big for two people, or even going out, and having fun, heh. My sister looks up to me, they always want to be around me no matter what's going on, whether I'm doing homework, drawing, watching TV, or just resting, they want to be near me. Well, except if I'm in my human disguise. Lita after a few minutes got used to me, she was always the one that almost instantly loved new people, especially if they have fluffy hair, she won't stop playing with mine. However, Jennika still hasn't gotten used to that form, always running away from human me, looking for turtle me, she always glares at my human form, growling under her breath, but when she sees my human form when she wakes up, she'll start crying, calling for her brother, or baba, haha. I honestly think, when she sees an older turtle, that isn't her twin, she finds comfort in them, thinking of them as her protector. This is why, I get ready before greeting them, I take off my crystal and say bye to the girls, then when I am out of sight, I put it back on and leave.

School is everything I wanted, all the teachers help us grow, acknowledging our mistakes and growing from them. And for friends, I really don't have a lot, just me, Irma, Casey...and April. However, something about April is weird'.

"Hey, Mikey ready for PE today!", I slammed my locker shut, and followed Casey and April, walking to our next class, "Heck yeah man, I wonder what we're doing today". Walking down the hallway, I turned into the locker room, separating from April as we entered the guy's locker room, "All I know is I've heard from some other students, that it's going to be dodgeball again". I smiled and pumped my fist into the air, "Yes, I love dodgeball!", I walked into the bathroom connected, walking into the stall, locking it shut. I tossed my clothes over the door, and let them hang there, changing out of my casual clothing, "Yo, Mikey hurry up!".

"Okay, okay! I'm coming, chill", I pulled up my shorts and tucked my necklace into my shirt, pushing the door open. "God finally, Mikey, come on", he swung his arm over my shoulder, dragging me out of the locker room. I looked around the gym and stood off to the side waiting with Casey for April, "Yooo Red, over here", Casey called her over as the teacher walked to the front of the group, waiting for us to quiet down.

"Class! We're going to do twenty push-ups and thirty sit-ups, partner up, I don't care who just get a partner", I looked toward Casey, and walked toward him, but saw April partner up with him instead. I looked around the room, searching for someone alone, but almost everyone was partnered up, "Hey", I turned around, a tall kid with glasses stood behind me, "Do you have a partner?", I shook my head, "Well, wanna be partners?", I nodded, following his side, "Yeah sure, the name's Michaelangelo, but you can call me Mikey".