[Chapter 22]

~Two Weeks Later~

POV April:

"Come guys keep fighting!!! Remember our goal!!!", I ran towards the multitude of kraang droids that aimed their guns toward us, shooting down all our attacks as we pressed on. I ran across the concrete road, swiping the sharp end of the tessen across the neck of the kraang, making droid after droid fall to the ground. I sprinted over the collapse bots, seeing the TCRI building not far ahead, I continued to run down the street, running passed building after building, until I finally stopped at the entrance of TCRI, running straight through the front door. "Come on! Let's go!", I yelled as I ran inside, charging toward the elevator, prying open the doors.

Pulling out my grappling hook, I aimed it toward the top of the lift and shot the clip, listening until a loud clank sounded, letting me know that the hook was attached. Doubling clicking the trigger, suddenly in a quick tug, the grappling gun pulled me up, pulling me to the very top of the elevator shaft, reaching the needed floor. I held onto the rope as I looked down below me, noticing that no one followed, no turtles, no Casey, not even any kraang. Pulling out my tessen, I pried my fingers and the weapon in between the metal doors, shoving the doors wide open. "Come on April!!!", Down the wide corridor, Donnie ran towards me, carrying a large canister of retro-mutagen, "I need to get to the top of TCRI and spray down the whole city with the retro-mutagen, however, I need you to search for the power cell and destroy the portal, you may be the only one able to break the force field".

"WAIT?! WHAT?! YOU WANT ME TO DO THIS BY MYSELF! I THOUGHT LEO OR CASEY WAS GOING TO JOIN ME?!", I ran down the long hallways, passing the multitude of prison cells, still locked and filled with mutants, "Change of plans, we need all hands on deck to help New York City, all mutant kind is going to come to the top of the building including Casey, I haven't tested on an actual human that hasn't been mutated to see the reaction yet! Now come on, the others are already making their way to the top of the building!", I ran alongside Donnie, running through the barren halls, seeing no droid in sight.

Donnie came to a halt, switching his gaze from right to left, "The main laboratory is down this hallway, I need you to remember to destroy the force field and bring the power cell back to me", I nodded quickly as I turned into the hall, switching my gaze over the glass windows, looking for the needed lab. I continued to run down the long hallways, turning left then right, but none of the labs held the portal to dimension X, nothing looked familiar to Donnie's explanation. 'Come on where is it?!', the longer I ran, the more the environment changed, after some time I no longer saw the laboratories, instead down the hallway stood a door that sat barely peaked open, the inside glowing a beautiful bright purple and pink light mixture.

"What the...", I walked down the hallway that seemed darker than the rest, illuminated by the large amount of light coming from behind the door, I pushed the door open only to see tiny kraang crystals, placed in small boxes, almost as if the kraang was throwing them away. "Maybe Donnie can see what it is. Wait a second, it actually almost looks like...", I froze as I stared at the crates full of gems, reaching to touch the small crystal, "Angie's crystal...". I quickly turned around to see Jason standing near the door, slowly he walked up to the box, staring at the gems. He began to reach for one only for me to stop him instantly, "You can't touch them!".

Jason yanked his arm away and backed away, staring up at me with the most confused face, "These crystals have nasty side effects, do you remember the day Mikey got sick?", Jason nodded as he leaned against the wall, "Yeah, Leo was super pissed at me for coming over to hang out with Angie...hey how did you know about his crystal...wait...how's uh...he doing by the way?". He spoke awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the ground, I placed my hand on the gecko's shoulder, "I'll tell you later, but for now we need to find and destroy the portal now come on!", I pushed open the door only to see Slash standing outside the door with his arms crossed staring down at me, "So you did know about, their brotha'".