Chapter Twelve

Morning came too soon. You slept so soundly in Mark's arms. Regretfully, it was time to get up. Your alarm went off, but Mark only stirred slightly when you moved. You rose out of bed and turned it off.

Turning to Mark, you noticed how deep of a sleep he was in. He looked so peaceful.

You knew everything that went down last night must have taken a toll on the man. It takes a lot of courage to ask someone out.

Finally you could live your life with someone who cared for you. It felt better being with Mark than Landon. It felt...more natural.

You thought it best to go home, so you gathered your clothes and got changed. Before leaving, you sat on the bed and ran your hand through his hair. When you caressed his face, he blinked his tired eyes open. As soon as he saw you, he smiled wide.

"Mmm... Good morning, beautiful," he said softly. You adjusted yourself so that you were propped up on a pillow. "I need to go," you said. Mark pulled you down and into him, wrapping his strong arms around you. Before you could protest, he said, "No...Stay with me," in a very sleepy voice. You giggled, trying to break free. "I can't, Mark."

"Just take the day off," said Mark. You shook your head. "Sorry, but there's sick people," you countered. Mark groaned and squeezed you even tighter. "But baaaaabe," he whined.

You turned your head to face him. "Did you just call me 'babe?'" you asked. Mark chuckled. "So what if I did?" he retorted. You groaned and slipped out of his embrace. "Don't get sassy with me, boy," you said. "I am the Sass Master," Mark insisted, yawning loudly. You laughed and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll be home around 6. I'll see you then, okay?" you asked. Mark smiled and grunted happily, eyes closing.

You left the bedroom and quietly exited the apartment. Once you got home, you hopped in the shower and got dressed for work.

You went to worked and did your job. Hours passed like seconds, and suddenly, it was time to clock out.

"Wow, I can't believe that kid only got bruised ribs out of that ordeal," you said, washing your hands. Landon was standing next to you at the washing station. "Seatbelts are miracle devices," he said.

"I gotta get a car like that," you told yourself. "What, with seatbelts?" your partner said, smirking. You playfully shoved him. "Oh, shut up," you said. Landon laughed and dried off his hands.

"Do you know how the father's doing?" he asked. You shrugged. "I dunno. He's in the ICU for now, but his conditions were stable last time I checked. Head trauma?" "Yep." "Yikes."

"Did you know they're putting the story on the news? They interviewed me," said Landon.

"Awesome," you replied. You dried off your hands and clocked out. The clock said 5:58.

"Shit. I told Mark I'd be back at 6," you said annoyed. Landon clocked out. "Mark? Who's that?" he asked. Without missing a beat, you said "He's my boyfriend." Landon looked at you, surprised. "Only a few days in L.A...and you're already dating someone?" he said.

"Oh, don't be like that," you said. "You said you'd support me in whatever I do. Besides, he's a great guy. He raises lots of money for charity."

Landon chuckled. "How much?" he asked. "Usually in the ten-thousands," you replied.

"Ten-thousands?! How can he pull so much?" he asked, bewildered. You just smiled and said, "'Cause he's Markiplier."

Landon's jaw dropped. "No way, I don't believe you," he stated. You just shrugged and pulled out your phone. "I can prove it," you said. You pulled up Mark's contact and FaceTimed him. Surely enough, he answered.