Chapter Six

READER POV
You woke up late in the morning, the sun coming in from a window. You shielded your eyes from the bright light and got out of bed. Once you were in the kitchen, you made a cup of coffee.

Last night was insane, and you hoped the caffeine would distract you. Although, you were really curious if Mark put the video up yet. You opened the laptop on the counter and pulled up YouTube. Sure enough, a new video was there.

"I DON'T EVEN CARE | I Don't Even Game"

You let out a deep sigh as you clicked on the video.

You and Mark popped up on the screen. Both of you guys were grinning from ear to ear as Mark played the game. All the laughter made you smile. You guys were so happy.

Being with Mark...made you feel happy.

Then came the video's end. Mark said his goodbye line, and the scene transitioned into the outro, complete with the signature music. The tackle to the ground and everything that followed was cut.

At least my wish came true.

You looked at the view count so far.

Two hundred thousand people??? That's insane...Do I even know that many people?

Your phone buzzed next to you. You looked over and saw a text from Mark.

You up?

You texted back.

Yeah, just had coffee.

Are you dressed?

No, why?

I'll be there in 15 minutes.

What? Why?

No response. What the hell was that about? You groaned, rushing to your room and throwing on a blue romper and sandals. It was warm out today.

You pulled your hair up in a ponytail and finished getting ready before you heard a knock at the door.

You grabbed your purse, walked to the door, and slowly opened it.

Mark stood there in a pale blue button-up, jeans, and brown shoes. He had a bouquet of pink roses in his hand.

"Good morning, (y/n)," he said. He handed you the flowers.

Your face was blushing wildly. "Thank you..." you said softly. "What's this about?"
"I wanted to make it up to you. Last night-"

You interrupted him with a sigh. "Mark, I've said it already. I'm fine."

He smirked. "I know you're fine. I just thought we could try again."

Your legs shook. "S-sure," you stuttered. "How about I go put these in water? I'll come right back."

He smiled. "I'll be here."

Your heart raced as you trekked through the apartment, cutting the roses' stems before placing them in a vase. You returned to the door. Just as Mark promised, he was there.

"Shall we go?" he asked. He held out his hand.

You gently laced your fingers with his, and the both of you walked down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" you asked. Mark looked at you and smiled.

"I thought we could do some sightseeing," he explained.

"Oh...Like downtown?"

"Yeah. Just a couple things that LA has to offer."

You two had made it downstairs, hands still clasped, before Mark spoke again.

"When do you start work?" he said.

"Tomorrow, actually," you explained.

"Awesome! Are you excited?"

"Oh...Yeah, I guess. It's just all happening so fast. I hope I make a good first impression."

"Of course you will. You're amazing."

You giggled. "I am? I always thought I was kind of lame."

Mark shook his head. "Not in my eyes."

You exited the apartment and walked down the street with Mark. Soon enough, you were downtown, where all kinds of people were milling about. First, you guys traversed the Hollywood Walk of Fame. You pointed out every celebrity's name that you loved. Mark would just smile, watching you get excited.

"Mark! There's The Beatles!" you squealed. "Can you please take a picture of me?"

He nodded, and you crouched down by the star, giving him your phone. You posed, and he took the picture.

"You're so cute," said Mark. You laughed, standing up.

"Where to next?" you asked.

"How about the TCL Chinese Theater?"

"Sounds fun."

You started on your journey to the tourist location. When you arrived, you saw a large horde of people, including several people dressed up in costumes. Charlie Chaplin and Spider-Man were a couple of familiar faces in the crowd. Mark got someone to take a picture of both of you with Spider-Man. After looking at all the prints in the ground, you both decided to go home. You held hands once again as you walked.

As you tried to leave, you and Mark were greeted by a young girl. She couldn't have been much older than 15.

"Oh my God! It's Markiplier! I can't believe I found you here! I'm on vacation with my family," the girl said excitedly. She suddenly hugged Mark, causing him to let go of your hand.

"It's so nice to meet you! I love your videos so much! I probably watch one every day."

Mark laughed. "Well, it's nice to meet you, too!" he said.

The girl took a few selfies with Mark, and had someone take a picture of them. She turned to you, her eyes lighting up.

"How rude of me to ignore you! Aren't you the girl in the video I saw this morning with the ice?" she asked.

You smiled. "Yeah, that was me."

"It must be so cool to be Mark's neighbor. I would totally love to be you."

"Well, it's a little loud sometimes, but otherwise, it's pretty cool."

You noticed Mark smirking at you. You rolled your eyes at him.

The girl got her phone back out. "Would you mind if I got a picture with you and Mark?" she asked hopefully.

That's fine, I suppose. One picture won't hurt me.

"Sure, if Mark doesn't mind!"

The girl smiled as Mark found someone to take the picture. The three of you posed with the girl in the middle. After that was over, the girl said her goodbyes and left.

"She was really sweet," you said.

"Not as sweet as you," Mark said, holding your hand again.

"Dude, with everything you've said to me, people might think we're dating."

The two of you shared a laugh as you walked back to the apartment complex.