10: Show-down

Audrey's^^ for show jumping but she's wearing regular close for now

Audrey's Pov

We were sitting at the table Zoe kept looking over at me. Rosie then walked in with a suitcase. 

"Going somewhere, sweetheart?" Dad asked Rosie.

"Well, we all are. Back to LA, of course. That's why you came here, right? To take us back home. Back to the mall, back to friends, back to everything that we find normal---"Rose was cut off by dad putting a piece of toast in her mouth.

"Breakfast now, home talk later, okay? I just got here. Audrey and Zoe's big show is today." Dad said.

"Um.... I might not be doing the show." I said. 

"Oh. Sweetie what's wrong?" Dad asked. 

"This is about Bullet, isn't it?" Mom asked.

"I can't do it without him" I said.

"Then you need to let Sam know. You owe her that much." Mom said.

"Okay." I said.

--------------------

Seriously, Audrey, don't stress about this. Asking you to continue with the show was a big ask, even for you." Sam said.

"I'm so sorry, Sam. I thought I could do it but--" I started but Sam cut me off.

"Not another word. It's done I will sort this. Somehow."

"Thank you for being so cool about this." I said.

"I can't force you to ride for us, Audrey." She said and I had gotten off of the couch when Sam spoke up. 

"But won't you always wonder what it would've felt like?" Sam asked causing me to turn around she got off of the couch and walked towards then stopped in front of me.

"Just being there, in the ring, in front of all those people, just you and your horse, and those fences you've cleared a hundred times." Sam said.

"But I won't be on Bullet." I said.

"A good rider can ride any horse well. You're not a good rider, Audrey." Sam said.

"Exactly." I said.

"But you could be a great one. Don't you want to know for sure?" I looked at her then walked out.

"Do. The. Show. Audrey" Marcus said stopping in front of me. 

"Cut. It. Out. Marcus" I said back.

"Oh. I forgot you're immune to my charm." Marcus said.

"Hmm. You know it." 

"Did Sam talk you round?" He asked.

"I guess I can't let... all our training go to waste." I said.

"Yes! Now we're totally going to win." Marcus said.