Ch 18

SUDDEN

eyes talk.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

hyemi

I didn't know what was happening but everything seemed to be moving too fast—we were slowing down but everything is moving too fast. I thought being his girlfriend was supposed to be sugars and sweet, with flowers and breeze.

however, jungkook seemed so distant after a couple of weeks. we went on a few dates and hung out here and there with the boys too. funnily, months later he kept going out without telling us where he was going and when we did ask him, he said his mum asked him to come.

things went funnier when his mum visited the apartment at times which the story became twisted and stupid. at first, his mum didn't know that I lived at the same roof as her son. she was fine with it though after we talked about it; she was rather understanding about it .

"you alright, sweetie?" I was confused why I couldn't feel anymore butterflies in my stomach. every time he called me with nicknames—I just couldn't feel the sparks anymore, hearing those coming out of his lips were rather hallow.

I looked at him with a weak smile as I nodded slowly, "I'm fine. are you going out again?" he ruffled my hair before saying a soft yes. he breathed out before sitting down beside me, "what's wrong?" I asked him, he held my hand while looking into my eyes. 

"I'm sorry that I'm always busy," he tucked the strands of hair behind my ear, "should we go on a date later?" his hand rested on my cheek with his thumb caressing softly. I faked a wide smile to him, showing him that I was excited.

"where should we go, are you going to pick me up?"

he hesitated a little which then, he bit his lower lips before he looked away. "I'll text you later if I can pick you up," he said, "should we go to the park? and then, we'll decide where to go!" he pressed his lips on my cheek, "five?"

"five," I giggled when he kissed my nose before he stood up. he walked out from his room and then, I listened to his footsteps that were slowly fading. once the I heard the main door was closed, I looked at my feet, "I'm left alone again."

I checked the time as it was still early for me to go to work, but I took a hot shower to calm myself down. since jungkook was busy, I took a part time job to fill my empty days. I worked at a quiet coffee shop nearby and I haven't tell jungkook about it—I didn't have the time because he was always out.

calling him or texting him wouldn't work either because he never answers them, and every time we have our small conversations, he was in deep thoughts, as though I was talking alone. I did tell him before my first day at the coffee shop but he was rather on his phone.

I didn't want to be those nosy girlfriends, but I got curious every time he walked out the door. he could've tell me what he was doing, well maybe not because I was his girlfriend. we promised to tell each other's story but, nothing... there was nothing.

"good morning," I greeted taehyung as soon as I walked out from the room. he was drinking his hot tea with a transparent cup, "did you make a tea for me too?" I asked him as I walked straight to the kitchen with a bright tone. 

"oh dear, I'm sorry," he whispered once he stood beside me. "what's up with jungkook, anyway? he seemed busy," I wished I could answer his question but even I didn't know what going on in his life. I shrugged my shoulder and then I continued to make my tea. "another day at work?"