Chapter 23 Betrayal, But Hope in the End

Byakuya's POV

   I knew Aizen and Gin were watching me from the tower. Doesn't matter, let them come down here and make the first move. 

"Your very brave, comin er alone." a voice commented "But your doing this purposely so I can't hurt poor little Rukia chan."

My reatisu burst away from me, anger tore through my very own veins as I remember the execution at Sokyoku Hill.

"You mustn't get so angry, roku ban tai taicho san. After all, it was er fault that she was in that position anyway." Gin smirked at me. I glared at him.

"It was my fault that day or rather all of those years I've neglected her. However, today I will redeem myself by killing both you and Aizen." I said carefully. Gin finally opened his eyes.

"Bring it on, I was gettin bored." 

"Chire, Senbonzakura." 

"Ikorose, Shinso."

Ichigo's POV

   I was so confused. 

"Damn it, should I forgive her for lying to me. I mean she's never lied to me before, we made that an unspoken rule." I judge the options as I paced the room.

"Thinking about Rukia?"

I turn to where Yourichi was leaning by the door. I sigh and fall back onto the bed.

"I've never been in this position before." I admitted "I'm not sure what to do. I mean she's never lied to me before and now she just ditches us to help her brother. I mean I would do the same with Karin and Yuzu, but I would at least tell my girlfriend!"

"Maybe she didn't want to burden you with her task?" Yourichi suggested sitting down on the bed next to me.

"But she should have at least told me!"

"Ichigo, we women have our ways sometimes. We feel that it isn't important to let men know such things such as I didn't tell Kisuke when I first realized I was pregnant." Yourichi explained "I felt that he had too much on his mind and didn't need to be worrying about me at the time."

"But that's different. You guys are .......married?" I look over to her with a quizzical expression "Are you married?"

"Of course not!"

"Are you insane?!" I yell "What about the kid?! He's going to have to call Hat in Clogs, Urahara!"

"You're so easy to fool, you know that." Yourichi commented, smirking in my face.

"You liar!!" I shout, a vein popped into my head while she laughed.

"The most important thing to think about is if you want to forgive her and trust that she won't do this again." Yourichi said seriously, standing up and walking to the door "It's your choice."

I look up and face Yourichi in the eye. She raised her eyebrows.

"Tell Urahara to ready the Senkaimon. I'm going after her."

Rukia's POV

   We raced towards the Sokyoku, trying to feel for Ukitake soutaicho's reatisu.