Chapter 25 Rukia's Confession, Byakuya's Resolve

Rukia's POV

   I sensed them before I saw them, turning to fully greet them.

"Oi, are you sure this is a good idea?" Hisagi whispered, traces of worry outlined his face, "They don't look at all too happy."

"Let me handle this." I replied, as they landed in front of us, zanpakuto's in hand.

"Ichigo." I whisper, his eyes clouded with doubt, while the rest of the fukutaicho's unsheathed their zanpakuto's.

"Kuchiki Rukia, Hisagi Shuhei, you are hereby under arrest for the aiding of helping the criminal; Kaname Tousen escape to the Seireitei. You will hereby be held prisoner until final judgment be called." Nanao called out as they moved forward to arrest us. Hisagi tensed, fingers drifting towards his zanpakuto.

"You don't understand." I stepped forward "I needed to find my brother."

"And take a war criminal with you too?" Kira added.

"My brother is essential to the Seireitei." I point out, ignoring Kira's words.

"Just because he's a noble doesn't mean he's exempt from the rules, Rukia. The Kuchiki House should probably know this the best." Hinamori pointed out. I wince as memories at my execution came into play.

"That was in the past, truly now things are different." Hisagi stepped forward "Tousen was helpful to us in finding Kuchiki taicho and bringing him back with us to Urahara's Shoten."

"Did you not read his letter? He asked us NOT to come after him!" Ichigo burst out, rage on filling his face, "And you lied to me Rukia. I thought we promised this when we got together!"

I take a step back, frightened by his anger and reatsiu continuing to pour out of him.

"Y-y-y-you would never understand!!" I scream at him, "You would never understand what Nii-sama was to me!"

"IS THIS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT! THAT HE'S SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU THAN YOUR OWN BOYFRIEND?!" 

"YES, HE IS!!" I shot back, tears pouring down my face, "You wouldn't understand what it's like to have lived in Rukongai and then be picked up by a noble house."

Everything seemed quiet now, watching as I begin to blurt out the whole story.

Byakuya's POV

"Well, well they seem to have a nice set lungs over there." I crack open my eyes, blood slowly tricking down my face.

"You can't even beat me, how do you expect to beat Aizen?" Gin smiled in my face, grabbing my haori and dragging me across the ground, "C'mon, lets go and listen to what they're saying!"

My reatsiu was severely weakened, barely any signature came from it. I strain to hear what they're saying.

"Nii-sama was like an angel to me." 

My eyes widened as I saw Ichimaru smirk at me.

"He brought me into a clan that thought me to be nothing but a rat. Even though he never showed his love for me, I knew somewhere deep inside of me that he cared even a little."

I bit my lip.

"I failed to protect Renji. He was like a brother to me."

I grasp my zanpakuto, as Ichimaru slowly laughs at Rukia's somber speech.

"And I won't fail to protect my Nii-sama!"

I thrust my zanpakuto into Gin's neck. Blood splattered, as he looked me one last time before they go dull.

I'll protect you too, little sister.