Chapter 4 Stay with me when I sleep

Rukia's POV

   I watch as Orihime and Isane slept, while eveybody else was preparing to bring back survivor's. We would leave in 4 hours, enough time for Orihime and Isane to rest before going back and doing more healing. I sigh, we had 1 taicho;well 3 EX-taicho's, 2 fukutaichos, 3 healers and 4 normals like me. I brush back tears as I think about Sentaro and Kiyone, how they would be bringing Ukitake taicho his evening tea; arguing who was the best.

"Hey, you alright?" Ichigo said "What's wrong?"

"Everything's wrong. Do you think....there would be any survivors?" I ask him as he wiped my tears with a tissue.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. Don't worry about Byakuya. He's strong and stubborn, he's fine." Ichigo said smirking

"Stubborn? Nii-sama isn't STUBBORN!!!" I practically scream in his ear, as I kicked his face.

"Ow, well he is. You should get some sleep. It's going to be a hectic day." he said grabbing a futon and a blanket.

"I don't want to." I said firmly.

"Why not?"

"I'm afraid of what sleep would bring." I whisper. Ichigo stares at me.

"Go to sleep, if you have nightmares I'll be right here next to you." he said as he forced me down.

I obey but I was glad to do so. I snuggled up close to him and past out.

The next time I woke up, Ichigo was true to his word. He was still there with one problem, he was sleeping right next to me. I smile as I watch his sleeping form.

"Wake up Ichigo." I said loudly as I realized in half an hour we would be on our way "ICHIGO!"

He jolted awake, his hand on his zanpakuto. He lowered it when he saw me glaring into his face.

"Sorry, I was tired, but I promised didn't I?" Ichigo said as he rattled off. I look up to him and kiss him on the cheek. He blushes at least 5 different shades of red.

"Come on sleeping beauty, we go a mission to do." I tell him.

Okay, to people who like IchixRukia this might be a story for you. However the most they do is kiss (Sorry). To people who do not like this pairing, please don't post bad comments for other people to see. I want people to enjoy this story. Thank you :)