Chapter 12 Surprises, Promises, and Flashbacks

Ukitake's POV

   Urahara decided to plan everything out, and tell us the day before we left to Seireitei. I sigh and flexed my fingers, being in a gigai sucked. I couldn't move around as much as I used to.

"Ahh, poor Juu-chan. Kisuke managed to get you into a pretty looking gigai!" Shunsei sang as he grinned, looking at me from head to toe.

"I really don't mind, but it's the clothes that bothers me. I'm not used to wearing something this short." I said stretching my neck.

"They grew up." Shunsei said smiling as we walked out of Urahara's shop.

"Too fast, I believe. They were all still happy when we last saw them. Playful, care-free." I said looking towards Shunsei "It's gone now."

"Not all of it , Juu. They still have it." he said "Don't dwell on the past. Ichigo's still the same idiot as always."

I laugh as he gestures to where Jinta had just sprayed Ichigo full on in the face with a weird looking L object.

"You little brat!" Ichigo screams "I just changed. Wait, YOU knew I just changed!"

I chuckle as Ichigo chases Jinta, before running into Karin's Chinese handcuffs.

"Ukitake, Kyoraku! A little help here?" Ichigo called out as Yuzu, Karin, and Jinta tackle him to the floor.

I walk over and pry Yuzu off Ichigo's shoulders, while Shunsei just picked them off Ichigo like they were paperwork.

"Now what are you guys doing to Ichigo?" I said playfully as I watch Ichigo try to get out of the handcuffs. Yuzu smiled big, before fading into sniffles. I frown.

"Your not getting scolded, Yuzu chan. Don't cry." I said hugging her as she began to bawl into my chest.

"P-p-please don't let Onii-chan go to Soul Society. I want him to stay here with me and be safe." Yuzu said wiping he eyes. 

I turn towards Ichigo. So Isshin already told them where they were going. I wish he didn't tell her the whole story, from the beginning. Ichigo frowns at the floor, then grabs Yuzu and picks her up.

"Don't cry." Ichigo said firmly. Yuzu hiccuped, then looked at her brother with big eyes.

"I promise everything's going to be alright. You're going to miss school for a couple of days while we're at Seireitei. But your going to be with Tessai, Ururu, and Jinta, they'll take care of you." Ichigo said holding her hand "But I want you to promise me one thing. You too Karin."

Karin nodded, as Ichigo let Yuzu down and crouched down.

"Karin, promise me that in some way we don't come back, I want you to take care of Yuzu. Tessai has the necessary arrangements just in case that's the scenario." Ichigo said as Karin shook her head, blinking back tears.

"Yuzu, stay with your sister. And listen to Tessai, don't go wandering off on your own without an adult supervision. Hollows might attack at random, when we're not here."

Yuzu nodded as Ichigo kissed both of their heads as they ran back inside the shop.

 "I see you already made the arrangment's for them." I said looking into his eyes "Ichigo, if by some chance that this plan doesn't work, I want you to go back to the World of the Living."