Chapter 24 Short chapter and Authors Note

Byakuya's POV

    I dodge another swipe to my side, back flipping till I touched the worn out road.

"Your good. I can give you that." Gin wiped his swollen cheek where I round housed kicked him. I smirk inwardly; the were-cat sure came in handy sometimes.

"However, it seems that you are wearing down too. I'm pretty sure your aware of their presence by know, roku ban tai taicho san." I held my gaze as he grinned before opening his eyes "It's a pity that your family's too stubborn to listen to your orders."

Rukia.

I thought that single word, allowing it too fully savor on my tongue before allowing my self a quick glance behind me to locate their direct location.

"Isn't Rule Number 188, never turn your back to the enemy in the middle of a fight?" Gin whispers in my ear.

I hesitated one moment too late, watching my blood drip off of Gin's zanpakuto.

"Musn't let ourselves get too cocky." Gin replied, using one finger to taste a drop of my blood from his zanpakuto "Tasty."

I held my ground. My wound was severe, cutting directly into the left lung and cutting through my ribs. I wince as I took a step forward.

"It would be too merciful for the Head of the Kuchiki House to just let him die right here." I hear him drawl on, knowing he was getting bored.

"Then I'll make this quick." I tell him, before shunpoing off to where he stood.

I will succeed.

Urahara's POV

   "All right everybody! We're coming up to the exit!" I yell, "Do me a favor and DON"T DIE!"

Everybody grinned, with the exception of a midget taicho.

"I'm going to go find Rukia. I have no doubt that wherever she is, that's where Byakuya is too." Ichigo glanced at me "And you can't stop me from going!"

"Wasn't going too." I sigh "Good luck."

He just nodded, and we shunpoed into the blinding light of the Seireitei.

Rukia's POV

   I look from below, under the cover of the broken trees, analyzing my brother's fight.

"It isn't going so well for him, isn't it?" Tousen commented. I scowl, tempted to yell at his impudence.

"This is Kuchiki taicho we're talking about. It'll take a lot more than that to kill him." Hisagi smiled good naturally.

I inwardly groan as I watch Nii-sama take another hit from Ichimaru, until the pulses of several reatisu's entered the Seireitei. My eyes widen as their familiarity soon came to me, or better yet us.

"Damn it." Hisagi swore colorfully "I didn't know they would go this far! Ichigo's coming here. Crap, so is the fukutaicho's and seated officers!"

"They must think that we're heading to Aizen's palace." Tousen added "Which makes sense in a way, due to Byakuya and Ichimaru's reatisu. And the fact that us three, one being a major criminal is a little to close for comfort to the palace."

"So, what's the plan then?" I glance towards them, my eyebrows raised "Fight or Flight?"

Hi everyone, I'm so very very sorry about the lack of updates you have been getting and for this super duper short chapter. I've had so many things to work on that I could barely even go on my email (which btw had 120 messages in two weeks) Thank you to all who follow and still read my stories :) I'll most likely update soon within the week if not tmrw.