Chapter 26 Her Tears, His Rage, The Final Encounter

Ichigo's POV

   My head whipped around to see Ichimaru Gin's blood splattered face drop to the ground. Hinamori and Nanao gasp as Byakuya struggles to stand upright but failing as he drops to the ground.

"Byakuya!"

We rush forward, neither of us caring about the arrest warrant anymore. Rukia cradled his head as Hinamori and Kira tried to stop the bleeding from the numerous of slashes that carved into his chest. I hold in the urge to puke as the smell of flesh reaches my nose, but I overcome it to sit next to Rukia.

"Nii-sama, hang in there." Rukia whispered, pushing away the strands of hair that fell on his face. Byakuya grabbed her hand gently and laid it aside.

"It's too late for me." he whispers, my eyes widen as I saw the Kira shake his head sadly towards Rukia. My mouth opens in disbelief. 

He couldn't die, not him. 

"You should have stayed behind." Byakuya croaked, brushing Rukia's hair behind her ear "I wished you hadn't seen me in such a state that is unacceptable of the Head of the Kuchiki House."

"Who the hell cares." I blurt out, a smile twitching on my face.

"Kurosaki Ichigo, I can assure you that I very much care abo-"Byakuya broke off, coughing blood into his hand. I wince at the amount of blood that stained his haori. He motioned his hand for me to come closer, I kneel down besides Rukia and take his hand.

"Ichigo." I lean in closer, his voice going down to a whisper, "Remember our deal, p-p-protect my pride."

I feel his hand begin to slip out of mine, his eyes stared past me. My eyes widened.

"Damn it, Byakuya." I choked, "You weren't supposed to end like this."

Rukia laid her head down on his chest and began to sob, screaming for him to come back. I grab her by the waist and drag her away from him as the other Nemu closed his eyes.

"Shhh." I held her closely allowing her to let our her emotions. Rukia looked up towards me, her bloodshot eyes stained with sadness and despair. Rage came over me.

Aizen.

Aizen was responsible for this.

Aizen was the one who brought so many tears, so much death, and brought us to this conclusion.

Aizen Sosuke will die today.

I unwind Rukia's hands towards me, as I sensed for the taicho's and his reatsiu.

"Ichigo?"

"I need you to stay here with the lieutenants." I tell her through clenched teeth.

"Ichigo, why is th-" I kissed her roughly, inhaling her sweet scent and whisper in her ear.

"I don't want you to see what I do. I want you safe, and I promise that I'll return." I kiss her forehead and look towards Nanao and the others.

"I suppose you guys can look after Tousen and Hisagi?" I joke weakly.

I stand up and look towards Rukia one last time before shunpoing towards the main castle.

"I'll kill Aizen. That I swear."

* Alright everyone. This chapter signify's the upcoming ending of Never Lose Hope. I still have not decided on a sequel for this story. But if it gets enough interest, I may consider writing the sequel. Thanks for reading :)

                                          -Anime808