school

THE MOMENT THAT the two best friends walked into the school corridor they were met with every

THE MOMENT THAT the two best friends walked into the school corridor they were met with every. single. person around them mocking Miles. Snickers and conversations were in the perfect mixture in Anna's ears and she looked over at Miles in sympathy and in a joking way. Some of it she found a little funny but that was just her natural nature to tease Miles. But the rest of it she found herself to have sympathy for her best friend. It still was their first day after all.

"I love you, dad." Some random white boy mocked from the right side of them, causing Anna to shoot daggers at him.

"At least he has a father." Venom defended.

"Hey, goodmornin'. How you doin'?" Miles tried to start a conversation with some people on the other side of Anna, as he had always been this friendly, but they only ignored him.

He frowned before he turned around to face another person who had walked past him. "Weekend was short, huh?"

"That's a copy." The person mocked once again, walking over to their friend group with a cocky smirk directed at Miles.

Seeing that 2 of his attempts failed he tried once more with this upcoming curly haired brunette. "Oh, my gosh. This is embarrassing. We wore the same jacket."

Anna physically cringed in her face when the boy simply ignored him and her and went back to his phone.

"Hey." Some girl tapped Miles on the back.

"Yea?" He quickly turned around to face her, hoping for anything that ranged from a decent conversation without mocking to a friend.

"Your shoes untied." She blank-faced before walking away with her boyfriend.

"Yeah, I'm aware. It's a choice." Miles replied, disappointment being laced throughout his voice. His shoulders slumped a little too, causing Anna to frown.

"We'll find someone to mess around with eventually." Anna reassured him, not liking to see him sad. She smiled a little when she placed her free hand on the boys shoulder closest to her.

"Yeah, I know." Miles replied to her in the same tone he had with the other girl. He still had a small frown on his face, making Anna frown too before taking her hand off and looking ahead again. Miles had frowned even more with the loss of contact but Anna didn't catch it as she was having a mental battle with the voice in her head.

"Say something!" Venom urged.

"I can't." Anna immediately shot back in the quietest voice she could muster, the one similar to the one she had in Mr. Morales car. In the process she looked over at Miles through the side of her lashes to make sure he didn't hear anything.

"Why not?"

"What am I supposed to say!"

"I don't know. You're the one who's—"