expectations.

ANNASTASIA sat on her bottom bunk with her back pressed against the wall and her essay paper in hand

ANNASTASIA sat on her bottom bunk with her back pressed against the wall and her essay paper in hand. She was bored out of her mind and she didn't want to do the essay in the first place. The pen was rocking back and forth between her index and middle finger as she thought. The only thing she had written on the paper was the title of the essay in cursive and the starter sentence. She leaned her head back so it would hit the wall, a second of pain shot through the back of her head but she didn't care. She just let out a sigh through her nose.

Looking into the streets of Brooklyn, she looked at the pretty sky. Somehow it reminded her of her sketchbook and she practically leaped off her bed with a smile to go fetch it from the depths of her bag. She smiled when she felt the hard cover of it and the papers stuck to the cover.

Pulling it out, she admired it for a couple seconds. It had her full first name spelled out with different magazine letters she cut out when she was 8, and under it it had the same font style but this time it only said 'book.' It also had different stickers on there but we don't talk about that.

She could never go at least a day without doodling in that thing, which is why at least once a day she would sit at the desk in her dorm bedroom and just.. draw. Normally Jerzi would be there to talk to her about what to draw or to admire her work, but that girl was knocked out on the top bunk with one leg dangling from the side.

As she was finishing up the drawing she had made the night before her and Miles came to visions academy, her phone vibrated from the right side of her book. She side eyed it and through her lashes, she saw it was Miles' contact name. She smiled and placed down the marker she was using so she could respond.

miles🧸.
wanna get outta here?

anna🤘🏽💗
where to?

miles🧸.
uncle aarons

anna🤘🏽💗
ofc ?!!
i love uncle aaron !!
meet me under the visions crosswalk in 5

miles🧸.
already here🗣️
read at 6:15 pm.

Seeing that message, Anna immediately rushed out of her dorm room and had a mental battle of if she should just climb down the wall or if she should take the normal way. She walked over to the window, opening it and looking out of it, still having a mental battle with herself.

"Jump." Venom encouraged from inside her head, making her grip on the window tighten.

"No, im going to get caught. My suit isn't on." Anna shot back, still staring out into the sunset.

"Pussy." Venom teased, hoping that it would get her to do what he wanted. For the past years that he's known her, Anna's been the type to like to prove people wrong against their word.