n i n e

"wish we could turn back time. To the good old days."

We didn't celebrate Christmas

We didn't celebrate Christmas. no lights, no cake, no sweets, no Christmas tree, no family. half of the day went while packing. we are moving in with grandma and grandpa they live near the Shinjuku area. in the end we had to leave our house and Shibuya but its still better then leaving Tokyo and Japan so we didn't argue after that. Dad said he doesn't trust Hiro-chan to take care of us. we all knew it was a lie his ego was just too big to accept it. I never thought I will say something like this about dad.

"Naya-chan which one have your stuff toys?" Big brother said while putting names on the boxes

'don't want them.' he stopped writing and looked at me.

"huh? why?we have enough boxes." he said smiling

'I think its better if I just leave them here.'

"alright"

after we finished writing all the names Hiro-chan made us cookies.

"ah that's right. Nayaka would you like to go with me? to the dojo? we need to tell sane-san that you will be leaving the dojo."

while so much was happening I totally forgot about the dojo. 'do we really have to...?' I don't wanna leave the dojo...when I finally made a friend.

"I am sorry Nayaka. but I promise I will not let your practice go to waste. I know some taekwondo players. I will find someone to teach you." I did feel better hearing that but what about my friend? 'I will go get ready...'

____________

We rang the door bell and shinchiro opened the door.

"Hello. Shinchiro-kun" Hiro-chan said with a small smile

"uh hello...how may I help you?" shinchiro replied smiling.

"I am sorry to disturb you on holiday. is mansaku-san home?"

"yes. Please come in"

he lead us to that living room I was sitting in yesterday. sensei was drinking tea.

"Hiroki! what brings you here today?"

"I am sorry to disturb you mansaku-san...I got you these sweets."

"damn you...always bringing expensive gifts. come sit. Shinchiro bring some tea."

"no its okay...we are actually here to say goodbye." he said while gesturing shinchiro to stop

"huh what do you mean?" sensei said now looking even more serious then before. how is this possible?

"umm well I don't know how to explain but we are leaving today. Nayaka and Shinro are gonna go live with their grandparents in Shinjuku."

"I see...well I can only wish you a good life ahead." he said and then looked at me. "Nayaka. don't stop practicing. you got potential. it will all be a waste. and take care of your diet."

tears filled the corners of my eyes when he said that. I remember Mom always telling me to take care of my diet. I bowed down 'THANKYOU FOR TEACHING ME SENSEI! I WILL KEEP WORKING HARD AND BECOME A BLACK BELT!'

"that's great Nayaka. you can take it easy now." he said with a smile. this is the first time I have seen sensei smile.

"but you can't leave without a cup of tea. sit down both of you!"

we had tea and hiro-chan and sensei talked about little things. I sat there listening to them. I really wish I could have met keisuke one more time. I won't even get to say goodbye.

'excuse me sensei..can you tell me where the restroom is?'

"keep walking straight. its in the end of the hallway."

'thank you sensei'

I got up and went to the restroom. just as I was walking I felt someone behind me again. I turned in a jerk and hit the person behind me without seeing who it was. They just moved on their own.

"Ouch. what the hell?"

oh no not again. Manjiro sano 'why-'

"this is my home."

'oh yeah right.'

he perked up and said "what are you doing here this time? are you stalking me?"

a nerve popped on my head. how can this guy always get on my nerves?

'what is your problem? you always worsen my mood. go to hell Manjiro.'

I turned around and went to the restroom. maybe I shouldn't have said that but he just gets on my nerves.
When I came out Manjiro- I mean sano was gone. I suddenly remembered that I called him Manjiro that time. Well he wouldn't have even cared. I went back to the living room. Hiro was already waiting for me.

"lets go Nayaka. its late. Shinro might be waiting for us."

we greeted sensei one last time and stared leaving. Before leaving I met shinchiro one more time and said goodbye to him. I also asked him to say my goodbye to keisuke and Emma-chan.

___________

when we arrived home we packed the remaining things and loaded them in the car. we had 3 suitcase and 4 boxes so it was easily adjusted in one car while all three of us sat in the other one. its a 2 hour ride till Shinjuku.Dad must have boarded the flight until now. he didn't dome back after yesterday. not even to say goodbye. well all I can hope is for his safe flight. I hope he doesn't forget to take rest. Hiro-chan started driving the car while I was still in my thoughts. I looked at my house one last time before the turn. All the memories was once again flooding me. Some months ago I would have never thought our life will take a turn like this.

will we ever be the same again?