Hazbin May Cry Mission 29

Mission 29: Devil Trigger

The final stairwell up toward the top of the building was a tiresome trek that might have been because Mundus probably messed with the internal structure of the building to be as dramatic as possible. For Dante, this was a cakewalk. A long and exhausting cakewalk, but he had much worse before. The Demon Hunter ran passed the many enemies he obliterated as he reached the top floor. In front of him was a marble door with many designs on it as it depicted angles and demons fighting among one another. "This is it. No way this isn't that bastard's door," Dante told himself as he approached it.

As the Demon Hunter opened the door, he started to hear the sounds of a pipe organ playing. Inside the room, many stone columns resembling what you would find in a Greek temple lined the walls and were placed through the center of the chamber. Dante walked inside the temple and he saw the colossal stone demon sitting on a marble throne. "Dante," Mundus roared as all three of his eyes looked at the Son of Sparda. "It has been far too long!"

"Same goes for you. Was it uncomfortable in your cage? Did the food get on your last nerve," Dante joked as he stared straight up at the demon that saw himself as a god. "Jokes aside, the last time we faced one another I told you to give my regards to my son. But with what you've been doing, I think it's about time you never see another member of my family again."

"You're right. Your seed will not be born because you will die here," Mundus shouted as he shot bolts of lightning from his eyes at the Demon Hunter, who easily avoided the attack. "What!? How is that even possible," the three-eyed demon asked himself as Dante avoided the attack like it was nothing.

"I think you're getting a little rusty. Then again, you've been locked in a box for a while and I've been doing work that keeps me active," Dante explained as he approaches the demon. "Shows how much you can achieve over the years," he said approaching Mundus. The three-eyed demon shot more bolts of lightning at the Son of Sparda, only to have him again dodge the attacks and even deflect the last one right back at him. "Are you going to come out of that shell of yours or do I have to break it off you," the Demon Hunter asked as he pulled out Ebony and Ivory.

"Very well. Witness my power," Mundus shouted as the stone demon broke free from his seat and a beam of light surrounded the room.

As the light faded, the Demon Hunter saw that Mundus transformed the area around him into an open battlefield that looked like temple ruins floating around a clear blue sky like stepping stones. "Seems a little too peaceful for that guy," Dante told himself as he looked at his surroundings. Suddenly, a large gust of wind blew past and he saw Mundus in his Zeus-like appearance with angelic wings made of stone. "Aren't you sick of always looking like that? I know Lucifer's a fallen angel, but we both know that you aren't exactly the nicest guy around."

"Silence, you insect," Mundus roared with rage as he slammed his fist right where the Demon Hunter was standing. The Son of Sparda jumped out of the way and landed on another platform. Making sure the Son of Sparda didn't have the chance to get a clean hit on him, Mundus summoned four large spheres that linked together to form a barrier. The Demon Lord then created smaller forms of his spheres and sent them off like attack drones. The energy balls swarmed around their target and fired lasers at Dante.

The Demon Hunter quickly dodged the attack from the smaller drones, then countered by firing his pistols. Dante was able to destroy some of the drones, but more took their place as the numbers increased. Switching his strategy up a little, Dante changed out Ebony and Ivory with his Royal Ace, then started to toss the electrical cards at the tiny drones. With the cards stuck in their targets, Dante snapped his fingers and the cards detonated to send out a chain reaction. With the electricity destroying the drone orbs, Dante stuck out his hand and the cards immediately returned to him. "Still doing the same thing as always. I guess it's true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks."